Connections Update/Experience

lukasz

Helo i notice on our lovely forum that many people lately  have turbels with connections even whit R1. My idea is to start this topic so that we all can post our experience with connections daily and also see how many of us have it or not and also help netduma team to have all that info in one place and sheer solutions we came a cross in this battle whit LAG maybe together we can at lest support or help netduma team an our self    

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My experience is great. I've played a few different games with it but Advanced Warfare is the only game I still get lag with. I'm guessing, even with low ping, that the netcode is just horrible. 

My experience is great. I've played a few different games with it but Advanced Warfare is the only game I still get lag with. I'm guessing, even with low ping, that the netcode is just horrible. 

what other games you have played

Good Idea. When I first got the R1 sofware 1.02.4 seem to work better for me. The first 2 days playing I was killing it 30 to 40+ kill games. Now that I upgraded to 1.02.6, I've been struggling. I don't even want to mention this because It may be something on my end, but I just can't figure it out. At first everything seemed good but now the camera replays look like I'm just behind the player a bit. My Setup is Verizon Fios 75 up & down/shared enable/deep off. Modem/Router > R1 > PS4. I'm getting good lobbies 20 to 40 ms pings. Maybe I'll wait till the new upgrade to see if it helps. Im playing advance warefare, destiny and BF4

Good Idea. When I first got the R1 sofware 1.02.4 seem to work better for me. The first 2 days playing I was killing it 30 to 40+ kill games. Now that I upgraded to 1.02.6, I've been struggling. I don't even want to mention this because It may be something on my end, but I just can't figure it out. At first everything seemed good but now the camera replays look like I'm just behind the player a bit. My Setup is Verizon Fios 75 up & down/shared enable/deep off. Modem/Router > R1 > PS4. I'm getting good lobbies 20 to 40 ms pings. Maybe I'll wait till the new upgrade to see if it helps. Im playing advance warefare, destiny ai had 

i had it just like you yesterday i woes working on it or Iain woes will test it today http://forum.netduma.com/topic/427-pulsing-circles-issue/here is what we came across yesterday

Hi,

I've just had the best 2hrs on a cod game than I've had in a long long time. PS3 ghost.......I know I know seems impossible lol, but I swear it's never ever been that smooth of a connection. I have to admit though, AW still seems to be, well eeerrgghhhhh. On all systems. I think it's just not a very well made game.

anyone played a game with search preferences (bo2 for example) with R1?

I want to know how GeoFilter responds. Does it filtering the hosts further?

Not tested it but geo-filter would work with any games other search criteria. All the preference in BO2 will do is lower you potential population to matchmake with and then the Netduma would filter those into your geo-filter radius for a match

sometimes its your host that is the issue.  Check who your host is and ping him.  Watch for spikes in his ping.....its usually this problem is whats causing your lag

Luk...Awesome..I was going crazy trying to figure something out.. I'll try this when I get home and see...

you welcome i just pass on what Netduma guys help me

Lots of games play well for me i played on MW2 yesterday all afternoon it was great dropping preditor/harrier/pavelow's , hitmarkers tight and it was a great afternoon of gaming the router is working well on my adsl+2 line UK

My pings are 17ms to 8.8.8.8 or bbc.co.uk no jitter always steady this is playing a big part in it , if you are seeing latency or using a congested cab or exchange the duma can not magicly fix this.

Lots of games play well for me i played on MW2 yesterday all afternoon it was great dropping preditor/harrier/pavelow's , hitmarkers tight and it was a great afternoon of gaming the router is working well on my adsl+2 line UK

My pings are 17ms to 8.8.8.8 or bbc.co.uk no jitter always steady this is playing a big part in it , if you are seeing latency or using a congested cab or exchange the duma can not magicly fix this.

what isp are you with and how you test your ping via cmd?

I played last night with a party of 6 hardcore search on AW and we were connected to a dedicated server somewhere on the east coast the whole night... It was buttery smooth. Best gameplay my friends and I have experienced. Every game we won and all went positive.

maybe i am wrong bot it seems must of people who struggle are on ps4

Pre-Duma X1 was pretty smooth for me on AW.  With Duma it pretty much guarantees it.

PS4 is on some other terrible level for me though.  Pre-Duma it's just a lot of WTF and with Duma it levels it out.

lukasz i am with Talktalk via their own LLU equiptment in my exchange which is underutilized.

For the ping test via cmd ...... press the start button type or click run / type cmd

In the cmd pop up type         ping 8.8.8.8 -n 1000

This will ping one thousand times to a google server and give you a longer time frame to watch your ping and latency to see how much it fluctuates (jitter)

lukasz i am with Talktalk via their own LLU equiptment in my exchange which is underutilized.

For the ping test via cmd ...... press the start button type or click run / type cmd

In the cmd pop up type         ping 8.8.8.8 -n 1000

This will ping one thousand times to a server google server and give you a longer time frame to watch your ping and latency to see how much it fluctuates (jitter)

Can anything like this be done with an ipad?

I have like constant 14 or 15 ms to the google server but in league play /ranked playlist from 21h to 23h I had a hard time finding lobbies and the host's weren't good two games I had horrible lag one was fine and i had good connection

No luck for me so far not really good last night. Domination i just unplaybe when it comes to fighting over cap point or at some point on a map when few of us on both team in a small area are fighting for map control  and also i know like free for before the duma i woes in 9000 something position in the whole ranking its not top bot yet its still pretty good so i am not noob who just complains about the game because i suck at it i am well in to prestige 7 i will wait until  next update and that new feature if that dosent help then probably there is nothing else to be don and will have to give up on playing this game

Archived