A few features that would be nice

I think it would be good to have a guest password for the wifi so that not to give them the real password.

Admin panel password protected and HTTPS implemented.

Real city and state names on the map, also have the home location get automatically detected so its accurate.

I understand that you can move it around but I leave mine close to where I am.

Another idea I had because I read somewhere you would sell the software. A router send in service to get our routers "Dumafied".

Unless you can make it happen with just a download to our routers on a special page.

make it easier to see the hosts distance and ping without having to scroll down the window.

Make the netduma sleep when it doesn't detect a connection to save power.

An ad blocker for browsers and mobile phones to save on data packets and bandwith.

Netduma stickers!!! but you got to send out stickers to all who have purchased prior to this if they want it.

Make it fully compatible with explorer and firefox, I don't like using google for everything.

I'm sure I will think of other things later...

that would be awesome if the netduma auto detected your location

I know, I thought it would have it built in already but it would nice to have it auto detect the location, which it easily can.

but i like the fact i can change my location to any where in the world ive played over in the uk a few times lol just for fun

No I hear that, they should keep that feature but just have it where we can snap back to our real location.

Just a tip to you guys. Any settings that you change in the Netduma are not permanent unless you press 'Reboot Router' in the miscellaneous settings.
So what I do is set up my 'Perfect' configuration and then press 'Reboot Router'. Once my 'Perfect' settings are saved, I'll go around playing with the location and whatnot.

If I ever want to return to my 'Perfect' settings, I'll just power off the router from the main switch and turn it back on. And my location will be perfectly placed at my exact location and everything else restored to my 'Perfect' settings.

So since you guys have messed up, just take note of ALL the settings(especially under WAN and LAN and your bandwidth speeds) that you want to restore back on your router and then press 'Factory Reset' in the miscellaneous settings.

From there, just enter back any settings that you want to be permanent and just do what I do above.

• Administrators

I think it would be good to have a guest password for the wifi so that not to give them the real password.

Admin panel password protected and HTTPS implemented.

Real city and state names on the map, also have the home location get automatically detected so its accurate.

I understand that you can move it around but I leave mine close to where I am.

Another idea I had because I read somewhere you would sell the software. A router send in service to get our routers "Dumafied".

Unless you can make it happen with just a download to our routers on a special page.

make it easier to see the hosts distance and ping without having to scroll down the window.

Make the netduma sleep when it doesn't detect a connection to save power.

An ad blocker for browsers and mobile phones to save on data packets and bandwith.

Netduma stickers!!! but you got to send out stickers to all who have purchased prior to this if they want it.

Make it fully compatible with explorer and firefox, I don't like using google for everything.

I'm sure I will think of other things later...

Will try to answer each of these as best I can, hopefully it doesn't come across as me shooting down any of your ideas. The more demand we have for a feature the more likely it is to be implemented sooner :)

1. Good idea, but not a high priority at the moment. 
  2. Will be in next big upgrade.
  3. Will be done when we open to outside developers, good idea but as you can move it yourself its not a high priority.
  4. Probably won't be selling the software as you could brick your router potentially, your alternative is a good idea but unlikely to happen for a while if we decided to go down that route.
  5. Perhaps we can add an auto scroll in with auto ping to scroll down when the game is detected, good idea.
  6. Routers typically use very little power so you wouldn't be saving much but I like the idea.
  7. There are ad blockers out there already so It's unlikely we would do this at all/for a while.
  8. Great idea, I think I'll make a merchandise thread :) 
  9. It does work with Firefox already, just IE thats the issue but I'm sure we will fix this in a future update :)

I have a feature request: a DMZ!

This would allow certain applications (like Cisco AnyConnect VPN client) to bypass the router entirely.  My wife seems to have some issues with her VPN client and I have to remove the Duma and connect my old router (with her machine in the DMZ) to get it to work.

(Yes, I've tried disabling packet inspection and enabling multicast snooping.  I can't find a config that allows it to work flawlessly).

• Administrators

I have a feature request: a DMZ!

This would allow certain applications (like Cisco AnyConnect VPN client) to bypass the router entirely.  My wife seems to have some issues with her VPN client and I have to remove the Duma and connect my old router (with her machine in the DMZ) to get it to work.

(Yes, I've tried disabling packet inspection and enabling multicast snooping.  I can't find a config that allows it to work flawlessly).

Great idea, I'm sure thats something a lot of people will like. In the next upgrade we'll be addressing the MTU issue with VPN so this may resolve that issue hopefully :)

Just a tip to you guys. Any settings that you change in the Netduma are not permanent unless you press 'Reboot Router' in the miscellaneous settings.

So what I do is set up my 'Perfect' configuration and then press 'Reboot Router'. Once my 'Perfect' settings are saved, I'll go around playing with the location and whatnot.

If I ever want to return to my 'Perfect' settings, I'll just power off the router from the main switch and turn it back on. And my location will be perfectly placed at my exact location and everything else restored to my 'Perfect' settings.

So since you guys have messed up, just take note of ALL the settings(especially under WAN and LAN and your bandwidth speeds) that you want to restore back on your router and then press 'Factory Reset' in the miscellaneous settings.

From there, just enter back any settings that you want to be permanent and just do what I do above.

Was this meant for another thread?

I have no problems with my settings and I unplug my Netduma all the time and use it at two different houses.

Keep cookies enabled and you will have no problem.

Archived