Development Diary

Netduma Iain

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the anti jitter/anti spike for pre emptive algorithm or does this apply to reactive as well?

Could this feature help with gun fights? I mean pub and ranked play play fine. But when playing GB's in private matches every gun fight I went into I would get a lag spike and 80% of the time loose the gun fight because of it. Even though the host was pinging at a steady 35ms ping I Still had that issue.

Could this feature help this or am I totally wrong in thinking what this feature will do?

:)

So is the anti jitter/anti spike for pre emptive algorithm or does this apply to reactive as well?

Could this feature help with gun fights? I mean pub and ranked play play fine. But when playing GB's in private matches every gun fight I went into I would get a lag spike and 80% of the time loose the gun fight because of it. Even though the host was pinging at a steady 35ms ping I Still had that issue.

Could this feature help this or am I totally wrong in thinking what this feature will do?

The lag spike is real... And I'm not loving it.

Run, shoot an enemy, screen pauses.. then my character appears back at my previous location and I get to kill the enemy.

Or worst.. Run, connection spikes occur.. When connection is back to normal, I see the killcam of the enemy killing my 'moon walking' character.

So wish I could at least get password protection. I'm about to kill my kids for bypassing my blocking of their games and my wife is about to kill me for letting them play games without being able to fully block them...

then we are going to rangle us some uni-corns

seriously though, a serious OO design of the restful api needs to be made and documented.  Then Iain will have to tell me what he can and can't put on this equipment so I can properly secure the API what we build.

So wish I could at least get password protection. I'm about to kill my kids for bypassing my blocking of their games and my wife is about to kill me for letting them play games without being able to fully block them...

in the meantime you can make it like this:

Modem - > Non-R1 Router - > R1 Router

this would allow you to block them all you wanted, not ideal but if you want control you can have it

in the meantime you can make it like this:

Modem - > Non-R1 Router - > R1 Router

this would allow you to block them all you wanted, not ideal but if you want control you can have it

to get simple password protection that would be a bit silly to have to do. i am really amazed password protection was never there to begin with. this update needs to come out soon before i end up getting a divorce  :blink: would be nice just a small release with password protection and thats IT.

to get simple password protection that would be a bit silly to have to do. i am really amazed password protection was never there to begin with. this update needs to come out soon before i end up getting a divorce  :blink: would be nice just a small release with password protection and thats IT.

+1

iOS App development update:

- Running API calls and getting the console devices, then getting the IPs of those devices...

- Next parsing the data to get the amount of packets from each player to that console...

- Added circles and sizing for new circles for other players.

• Administrators

Minor update, got the anti-spike, anti-jitter, etc working in the lab now. It does great on all metrics. Now I plan to take it out of the lab environment into the wild for real world testing. 

Minor update, got the anti-spike, anti-jitter, etc working in the lab now. It does great on all metrics. Now I plan to take it out of the lab environment into the wild for real world testing.

Woo hoo! This is great!

Canaries, roll out!

iOS App development update:

- Running API calls and getting the console devices, then getting the IPs of those devices...

- Next parsing the data to get the amount of packets from each player to that console...

- Added circles and sizing for new circles for other players.

request-five.gif

Archived