Lag issue

Alex49H

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here good sir.  I live less than 100Km from San Francisco so may be the problem if they have servers there.

Same here good sir.  I live less than 100Km from San Francisco so may be the problem if they have servers there.

I am in So Cali if you are on Xbox One hit me up: TeH C1SCO K1D :D

PS4 or X1?  Also, how have the games been with the router for you?  

X1 bro. Tuesday after setting it up the games were like night and day on AW. Yesterday I noticed a lot of lag and today in a few games too.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Alex Alex sorry if I've asked already but are you on strict mode? If so you should be getting smooth games as expected. If not it could be a local congestion issue we can help with the anti-flood feature :)

X1 bro. Tuesday after setting it up the games were like night and day on AW. Yesterday I noticed a lot of lag and today in a few games too.

Just got it yesterday and tested on PS4 and lag is still present so have not experienced the "duma effect" yet.  Will have to test several games with it off and back on to play around.  

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Ziocomposite, sorry to hear that. Are you on v1.02.6 right? Have you got strict mode enabled?

Sorry If I'm repeating questions

Alex Alex sorry if I've asked already but are you on strict mode? If so you should be getting smooth games as expected. If not it could be a local congestion issue we can help with the anti-flood feature :)

I had strict mode enabled yesterday and today I disabled it a couple of games just to see. It was still laggy. I enabled it again. Could it be my ISP?

Guest Netduma_Iain

If you have it enabled you should have far majority smooth games. What have you set your distance to? 

The downside of strict is booting but if you're getting games they should be smooth!

If you have it enabled you should have far majority smooth games. What have you set your distance to? 

The downside of strict is booting but if you're getting games they should be smooth!

Distances I've tested range from 300Km to 1,000Km with no issues finding games really.  Have not experienced getting booted however did have an instance of everyone getting booted (mine &  enemy team) getting a win in team death match.(which would have made me the host i'm guessing)

Today I had it to 300+ km, 600km and up to 1000+ also.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok sure, well next time you game can you pay attention to it and let me know. If you're seeing pings of say above 40(maybe 30) then can you go to the "Network Monitor" and take a screenshot please. It must be at the same time though or its not useful.

Thank-you!

PS The game must have geo-filter of less than 600km please :)

Ok sure, well next time you game can you pay attention to it and let me know. If you're seeing pings of say above 40(maybe 30) then can you go to the "Network Monitor" and take a screenshot please. It must be at the same time though or its not useful.

Thank-you!

PS The game must have geo-filter of less than 600km please :)

Ok I will. Thank you.

PS4 or X1?  Also, how have the games been with the router for you?  

I have both consoles and AW on both and personally find that the PS4 just runs better where I'm located (FL). I find games quicker but that may be because more people own ps4 inside my geo-filter or servers may be better. This is not a console war statement because i play both (5th prestige on both) and enjoy both. Also please be aware that AW is just a laggy game, it even lags on lan so it will never 100% be perfect. 

Ok so you were getting games below 1000km, what ping were they approx? 

A majority were about 35-50 and a handful were 25.

Trying to discern hosts is difficult though with my assumptions below:

Solid Circle = host

Pulsating Circles switching to big/small back & forth = Dedicated server?

If I'm host = ???

Guest Netduma_Iain

Cheers Jstrix,

ziocomposite the host can be identified by the following:

1. If there is one big circle, then that guy is host
  2. If there is lots of big circles then you are host
  3. If there is no big circle then its a dedicated server

The ping to them is most important. If you have strict mode off and a low distance you should have the far majority of games be very smooth. Is this not the case?

Cheers Jstrix,

ziocomposite the host can be identified by the following:

1. If there is one big circle, then that guy is host
  2. If there is lots of big circles then you are host
  3. If there is no big circle then its a dedicated server

The ping to them is most important. If you have strict mode off and a low distance you should have the far majority of games be very smooth. Is this not the case?

Thanks for the breakdown on the host, it's much appreciated.  I had strict mode on when I tested the 3 distances 300-600-1000Km.  Unfortunately was not the case during gameplay.  No one else uploading/downloading on the network as well.

Guest Netduma_Iain

That is very stange, next time it happens can you get me the ping and the bandwidth monitor please. Its always better to deal with numbers. If you get the occasional very rare bad game thats probably just a bad host. But if its consistent that should not be happening and we can help you resolve it. 

That is very stange, next time it happens can you get me the ping and the bandwidth monitor please. Its always better to deal with numbers. If you get the occasional very rare bad game thats probably just a bad host. But if its consistent that should not be happening and we can help you resolve it. 

Yes most definitely.

At the same time I also understand this game seems to be having problems as of late (3-4days).  I will screen cap the Ping & Bandwidth when it does present itself again tonight when I play.

Archived