• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great video abc. Just one addition if you disable deep packet processing you should go to 140-150 mark :)

added to the description as an addendum, definitely worth noting.  if you get hardware NAT going it will be 600Mb/s minimum...that would be 3 weeks development low level.

Nice vid.. question for the speed test, should you take your reading by Ethernet or wifi? Ethernet will give you more speed but the wifi is less and that's what my ps3 is going to play on. video made more sense.

Nice vid.. question for the speed test, should you take your reading by Ethernet or wifi? Ethernet will give you more speed but the wifi is less and that's what my ps3 is going to play on. video made more sense.

You should test via ethernet always, i'll add that to the description.

The reason is congestion control needs to know what limits it has to set based on your maximum outbound connection.  Until WIFI is fixed there might be some concern from me that you might saturate the wifi all together and that perhaps that should be monitored and part of congestion control.  However, that isn't something you'd need to test it is something that can be calculated from the router side of things.

So simple answer: always from ethernet.

nice video abc  :)

Thanks! means a lot to hear that sort of thing.

Nice vid. I do have a question about the congestion control percentages.. would setting them higher be better with a faster Internet connection only? My speed is 15/5 and congestion is set on 70/70 and seems to run fine but would i gain any benefit going a bit higher with my percentages?

Nice vid. I do have a question about the congestion control percentages.. would setting them higher be better with a faster Internet connection only? My speed is 15/5 and congestion is set on 70/70 and seems to run fine but would i gain any benefit going a bit higher with my percentages?

it would be more risky for a slower connection.

The slower the connection the lower your percentages need to be, for your speeds i'd recommend 70%

Edit:

Download 70%

upload 90%

you have a very decent upload

And in my case its abou 100 down and 5 up if i test it on my isp router bot if i test it on net duma it anything for 80 to 100 downa and 3 to 5 up whatdo yourecon for me

And in my case its abou 100 down and 5 up if i test it on my isp router bot if i test it on net duma it anything for 80 to 100 downa and 3 to 5 up whatdo yourecon for me

90% download

90% upload 

this should be fine for you.

ABC does it also depend on how many other devices may be accessing your bandwidth at the same time you are gaming?  If you are the only one using the bandwidth, can you in general put your settings towards the higher end of the bar?

ABC does it also depend on how many other devices may be accessing your bandwidth at the same time you are gaming?  If you are the only one using the bandwidth, can you in general put your settings towards the higher end of the bar?

if you are the only one using the connection you don't need to use this feature at all.

Hi ABC, from what I understand, prioritization only works with uploads?

It works for both upload and download. However, normally upload is where people experience the most issue as ISPs normally only offer 1/10 the upload to your download

So what would be good for me? I have 300/25

if you have 300/25, are you using a primary router to get the right speeds?

Since the R1 only goes to 160Mb/s, If you are using another gateway congestion control won't really work.

If everything is under the R1, then I doubt you'd need congestion control at all (unless you are downloading something and using all your connection).

@abc 123 ya I'm using a primary to get the full speeds since the R1 doesn't get that yet but I have everyone that uses wifi in the house connected to R1 as well as my ps4 hard wired so I get the the max the R1 can provide. So should I just leave at 90/90 like you suggested in your vid?

@abc 123 ya I'm using a primary to get the full speeds since the R1 doesn't get that yet but I have everyone that uses wifi in the house connected to R1 as well as my ps4 hard wired so I get the the max the R1 can provide. So should I just leave at 90/90 like you suggested in your vid?

absolutely, 90/90 is perfect for your connection. :)

Archived