Fibre Optic help

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Guateuc please re-enable DHCP and make all local devices automatic. Do not change the LAN setup unless you have a reason to do so. You can end up disconnecting yourself from the router. 

Once you get DHCP running again, how is the playstation connected to the R1?

this ^^

my guess is change your mac back to DHCP...

plug into the netduma and make sure it has internet and gets a 192.168.88.x IP

then try with the PS4 if not we can make a static IP

IP: 192.168.88.5

Gateway: 192.168.88.1

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Guest Netduma_Iain

ok this could be false-negative. Please disable geo-filter and rerun the test. If it says its open then its open don't worry about it :)

Bedtime for me now. Have fun!

Thanks abc as always

it says my NAT is moderate :(

could be a false positive as Iain said.  Also make sure you pick the R1 for the DMZ, it is 192.168.88.1 i believe on the ASUS

to be clear not positive on this as I normally do Access Point not chained routers like your setup is.

could be a false positive as Iain said.  Also make sure you pick the R1 for the DMZ, it is 192.168.88.1 i believe on the ASUS

to be clear not positive on this as I normally do Access Point not chained routers like your setup is.

thanks! will do

I'm a noob to all this I have a bt home hub 4 with a with an ecolife hg612 router do I just replace that with the r1 router

The HG612 is a modem (not router) used to authenticate with the BT FTTC product. The Netduma would plug into the HG612 and you would drop the BT HomeHub4.

Archived