A few suggestions

Hey Guys

First nice job on the web interface for the router. I am a web developer and I would like to make a few suggestions based on my own personal experience. I believe you are using D3 so some of this should be straightforward. If I come up with more I will post again.

1. Host Filtering:
    1. In the host filtering section I would suggest making the map white. It is somewhat hard to see and people that have vision problems will really have a hard time seeing it.
    2. Also, when you select a home location, is it actually selecting a set of longitude/latitude coordinates? The reason I ask is if that is the case I would like to be able to input my coordinates. The map is somewhat inaccurate as it is compressed vertically. 
    3. I would love to use the home/pin feature but I can't zoom in far enough to even guess within 100 miles where my location is. It would be nice to zoom in further. It would also be nice if another SVG could be used to show states.

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hey Guys

First nice job on the web interface for the router. I am a web developer and I would like to make a few suggestions based on my own personal experience. I believe you are using D3 so some of this should be straightforward. If I come up with more I will post again.

1. Host Filtering:
    1. In the host filtering section I would suggest making the map white. It is somewhat hard to see and people that have vision problems will really have a hard time seeing it.
    2. Also, when you select a home location, is it actually selecting a set of longitude/latitude coordinates? The reason I ask is if that is the case I would like to be able to input my coordinates. The map is somewhat inaccurate as it is compressed vertically. 
    3. I would love to use the home/pin feature but I can't zoom in far enough to even guess within 100 miles where my location is. It would be nice to zoom in further. It would also be nice if another SVG could be used to show states.

Thanks!

1. Good suggestion, we could probably have it be a tick box to make it go from black to white and vice versa.

2. I would say that this is unlikely to get added anytime soon unless its something a lot of people want. I would say that most people wouldnt know their long/lat coordinates and find it unnecessary. However, if enough people want it we could probably add that :)

3. These ideas have been suggested before and are on our list :)

Please do comment further if you have any more ideas, we love to hear them!

i am a web designer too and i can say this design is great!!! also the colors and the color of the map.

of course it would be great for those people who like white map to change the color.

BUT important things first i would say the design is TOP m8ts there are many other things that are more important ;)

Archived