Hi and a few ?'s

Dirty Dog

Hello all.  For better or worse you now have your very own resident Dirty Dog  :D

Been using the Netduma for 2-3 weeks now, (discovered thanks to the XIM guys), and have to say been very impressed with its performance thus far and the support you guys are providing is top notch too, keep it up.

Due to work commitments for the next 2 weeks I have to move the Netduma from Sky Fibre to BT ADSL.  Do i need to remove all port forwarding rules associated with my consoles from the BT Home Hub 3.0 before I set up the Netduma?  I'm reasonably confident the answer is yes, just seeking confirmation.

I left the quick start guide that came in the box at home and can't remember if there is an ordered sequence to powering up the Netduma, a little too much Christmas spirit at the time.  If memory serves it's, Wall-->Home Hub-->Netduma-->Power up Home Hub and Netduma at same time-->Everything else??

Please don't get too technical if I've missed anything obvious, I tend to try and "mend" things with a hammer and if that doesn't work, I get a bigger hammer  :lol:

Thanks in advance..

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dirty Dog,

So glad you're enjoying using the R1. I'd recommend you remove port forwarding on the BT home hub. Then I'd suggest you power off both of them. Then turn on the homehub for a 1min then turn on the R1. 

I'm not sure if you need pppoe, but if you do please follow the instructions here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/315-bt-fibre-setup-with-openreach-vdsl-modem/

That should be it I think :) Hope it wasn't too technical

Archived