Installing which way is best?

Okay so I played on on the router all day and love it but main question since I do gaming pc as well what would be my best way about setting the netduma correctly.

Should I have my main router be connected to my modemn and have the netduma behind my router for the sole purpose of console gaming?

I know the netduma can't achieve my max Internet speed that I currently have hopefully in the future :) it can but as of now would the setup above let me achieve my max speed through my main router?

Thanks and happy gaming

What's your internet connection speed currently and what PC games are you playing? Depending on the PC game, the Netduma has some really helpful stats for supported games as well as the console stuff.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Thanks for purchasing and really glad you're enjoying using the duma!

If you'd like our congestion control to work for a device it must go through the duma. If it does not go through the duma then it can potentially impact your ping if that device downloads or uploads heavily.

What is your max speed?

Doest that make sense? 

Guest Netduma_Iain

I think I answered this in another thread :)

Just a few more points, I don't know if you're aware of this but video games use a minuscule amount of bandwidth. Next time you're playing look at the "Network Monitor" and see how little they use by the percentage bars. For you it will be below 0.3%

Also while you're playing PC games checkout the host analysis section!

Okay so I guess for me to achieve my full speed on pc I would need to make my netgear primary 1st and netduma second. Or I could just plug in the netduma when gaming just on console 1st.

What would be the best setup because when I have netduma 1st and netgear behind that it decrease my speed very badly way below the 100 mark?

Thanks just trying to get it setup correctly

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok you should be able to 150 out of the duma. But you need version 1.02.6 and you need to follow the instructions here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/95-why-does-speedtest-say-i-only-have-50-60mbits/

Basically based on your info so far I'd suggest this:

Modem <-> Netgear <-> Any devices that are likely to use over 150mbits

<-> The rest of your devices including gaming devices

Hope that makes sense :)

Guest Netduma Fraser

Also I always see everyone talk about strict mode I don't have that option I'm running version 1.02.2 and it's says it's the latest firmware already

If you go to http://www.netduma.com/upgrade and follow the instructions to upgrade then youll have the latest version. You can then check this video we posted today on how to use it http://www.forum.netduma.com/topic/362-geo-filter-searching

Archived