Terrible night on Advanced warfare on PS4

Yesterday I was having a great time...yesterday. Then i upgrade to NetDuma 2014. R1 debug version  1.02.6 running on rb-951g-2hnd . Now iI am having horrible lag. I live in the Boston area... setting to 700 km. Im on verizon fios 75 up and down. (yes speed test is about this). I have disable share and deep packet processing. Im finding games and being put in but my kill cams shows me that I'm not even seeing them yesterday i was getting 30 plus kill games. tonight only 15 to 17.dont know whats happening.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday I was having a great time...yesterday. Then i upgrade to NetDuma 2014. R1 debug version  1.02.6 running on rb-951g-2hnd . Now iI am having horrible lag. I live in the Boston area... setting to 700 km. Im on verizon fios 75 up and down. (yes speed test is about this). I have disable share and deep packet processing. Im finding games and being put in but my kill cams shows me that I'm not even seeing them yesterday i was getting 30 plus kill games. tonight only 15 to 17.dont know whats happening.

exsacly same here i am in london so its getting better now ps4 is having some network is having some issues bot is geting better now

Guest Netduma Luke

It sounds like there may have been server issues. Regardless, did you all have strict mode enabled on your Geo-filter?

If not, please enable this and use the 'snap' button to expand your search gradually so you can find the optimal setting for your connection.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm almost certain you have the strict mode disable. Having it enabled will make a big difference. We are making a video to demonstrate how to use this. We will be in chat this evening so if those issues arise let us know please. 

I'm almost certain you have the strict mode disable. Having it enabled will make a big difference. We are making a video to demonstrate how to use this. We will be in chat this evening so if those issues arise let us know please.

last night woes a lot better bot not perfenct Iain my strick mode its always tick on iam shure of it

Not sure I had strict mode enabled on your Geo-filter, I tried all kind of different setup with no luck. I'll be on tonight in the chat. I'm excited about this router. Just need some assistance. Got the router this weekend so Im still trying to understand whats going on..

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes, that explains it! The strict mode off would make the experience worse. We will start posting videos on how to user the UI. First one will go out tonight that will explain how to use verison 1.02.6 :)

The host of the video is our resident startlet @netduma_fraser  :D

Yes, that explains it! The strict mode off would make the experience worse. We will start posting videos on how to user the UI. First one will go out tonight that will explain how to use verison 1.02.6 :)

The host of the video is our resident startlet @netduma_fraser  :D

where this video will be aveliabe to watch

Guest Netduma_Iain

Glad to help, the video will be posted on this forum. I think news and announcements or we may make a new forum just for help videos and documents. 

I played a little last night and some this morning and I was getting good starting ping around 40-50 but would jump as high as 800 at times.  I tried on both the PS4 and Xbox One, unfortunately I don't know what is wrong.  My games have been worse than ever.  My K/D on PS4 was 1.69 and on Xbox One 2.01 and I'm barely going 1.0 now.  

Guest Netduma Fraser

I played a little last night and some this morning and I was getting good starting ping around 40-50 but would jump as high as 800 at times.  I tried on both the PS4 and Xbox One, unfortunately I don't know what is wrong.  My games have been worse than ever.  My K/D on PS4 was 1.69 and on Xbox One 2.01 and I'm barely going 1.0 now.  

Like people have said it could be online issues but have you tried applying the anti flood when this occurs?

The xbox live service was wonky for me last night, can't comment on PS4 network though. I have a question though for the network savvy guys and the Duma team, is it a bad idea to be pinging the host the whole match? I'm not a network guy, but would that extra traffic worsen the connection or it such a small amount of data that it doesn't matter? I usually just ping the host to see what it is and then close the window out.

The xbox live service was wonky for me last night, can't comment on PS4 network though. I have a question though for the network savvy guys and the Duma team, is it a bad idea to be pinging the host the whole match? I'm not a network guy, but would that extra traffic worsen the connection or it such a small amount of data that it doesn't matter? I usually just ping the host to see what it is and then close the window out.

I was wondering the same, i do the same as you though. We'll see what the Duma team has to say

Guest Netduma Fraser

No it shouldnt make a difference at all, its such a small amount of data that it doesnt make a difference, i frequently leave mine to ping the whole game. If I'm wrong someone please correct me but it shouldnt make a difference. 

I have the Anti-Flood on 70% the entire time and set to Reactive.  My advertised connection is 100/10 but I set it to 88/8 because that is more realistic to what I get.  

Okay, it is probably an online issue then thats causing it and nothing to do with us.

Guest Netduma Fraser

It's garbage, it's like playing in a slideshow.  I can see a low ping but apparently xbox live is having real issues.  It's very frustrating.

Yeah nothing we can do about that, hopefully within a few days itll be resolved.

The site shows that all servers are fine.  I'm still expieriencing instant deaths, you die and then hear the bullets.  I have done everything on my end to make the game enjoyable and now I'm done.  I have come to the conclusion the game will never run smooth.  I have installed a SSD Hard Drive in PS4, bought Benq gaming monitor, hardwired everything, purchased Nighthawk router and Netduma and the game still plays the same.  Unfortunately I wasted money buying three copies of COD AW.

Archived