New R1 Kicking me from lobbies?

Hello Netduma,

I just received my new router today and I have to say, I'm absolutely in love. I have Verizon fils 50/50 plan, and was able to release the lease on my ISP modem and use the Netduma as my only router and everything is functional. My Issue is that I'm having problems with the geo-filter. I set the filter to 800km around my home which is in NYC, and search for advanced warfare games on the Xbox One. It finds lobbies, puts me in, and two seconds later is kicks me out and searches again? It does this for about 10 minutes and eventually it'll find a match, but I don't understand why it's having so much trouble finding a host within that range? I live in such a populated city, and it's about 5PM here on a Sunday (peak time). I remember watching a review on youtube from someone with this router who claimed they had the same issue (he had fils too) and you guys had to work with him to resolve the issue, and it had something to do with Microsoft's servers? Basically it keeps finding lobbies, and kicking me out for unusually long periods of time until it finally finds something. Please let me know what I can do, or if this is normal? Thanks!

Best,

John Spanos

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi John,

Thanks for purchasing the router, glad your enjoying it!

There is definitely something you can do, you can upgrade to the latest version 1.02.6, but I recommend you hold off till tomorrow. You're talking about ItsDansby he is also on the forum, there appears to be an issue in the NYC area. We are working on it and will hopefully have a fix by tomorrow. In the meantime I suggest you increase your geo-filter slightly to about 1300km. 

Xbl and PSN have been experiencing issues for the last few days. I can't even login I suspect NY area is suffering from this. But bear with us NYC and Seattle our are top priorities at the moment. 

Love the username btw

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes, I've disabled the "basic" upgrade feature. I wanted to add more error checking :) So you have to do it manually there is instructions here: netduma.com/upgrade. But I recommend you wait 24 hours for the latest cloud changes to go through.

Yes the largest circle is host, you can select it and a dialog appears below. Then you can click ping to see the ping :)

Archived