2 terrible nights on Advanced warfare , give up tonight just getting poor games one after the other . I have jumped from lobby to lobby keeping an eye on my ping and just failed to get a single good game. Gutted because everything has been good up until the last 2 nights

I have noticed as well that COD shows moderate NAT although my X1 wired shows open

There are another 2 xbox on the house running wireless with open NAT . Could my problem be the NAT on cod ? If so how do I get it back to open . Upnp is enabled and ports forwarded on my X1

Guest Netduma Fraser

2 terrible nights on Advanced warfare , give up tonight just getting poor games one after the other . I have jumped from lobby to lobby keeping an eye on my ping and just failed to get a single good game. Gutted because everything has been good up until the last 2 nights

I have noticed as well that COD shows moderate NAT although my X1 wired shows open

There are another 2 xbox on the house running wireless with open NAT . Could my problem be the NAT on cod ? If so how do I get it back to open . Upnp is enabled and ports forwarded on my X1

Do you have strict mode enabled? 

This is probably a false reading, try disabling the Geo-filter, turn off the xbox then on and see what CoD says you NAT is, if it says open then its just showing false when it says moderate so reenable the Geo-filter and carry on playing :)

Yes a moderate NAT type would me you are connecting to less people. In addition to the geo-filter limiting the number, you might want to ping 8.8.8.8 to see if it is your connection.

AW also uses a special port, different that the normal Xbox Live Port.  However, UPnP should work for that unless one of the other Xboxes requested the port first.

Sometimes the Xbox 1 needs a full reboot (HOLD THE POWER BUTTON).

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Black OPS can you confirm if you're using "strict mode" or not? That will make a huge difference. I'm assuming you're on 1.02.6. Fraser is going to upload a video tomorrow on youtube how to use the latest version. Sorry about the last 2 days.

same here on ps4 bot llast night it woes much better

Hi Iain

At times I used strict and then unchecked

I was like a clicking maniac trying to get the best connection and ping . Nothing seemed to work . I will try again tonight and maybe block the other xbox, s in the house for a short time . Dmz in future upgrades would be good

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

We will be on chat to help. It could actually be multiple things now that you mention multiple Xboxs. Just jump in chat if the experience does not improve. But if you put strict mode on, then you should definitely see an improvement in games. You may get lobby booting in which case you need to use the snap function.

Update on my issue

Again tonight terrible gameplay and the pings

In all games looked like some crazy heart monitor

Eventually I blocked my daughters xbox 360 much to her dismay re booted everything and COD had an open NAT . I managed 2 more games and they were both smooth . You all know the Duma smooth when you have it !!

So I believe my daughters 360 steals the upnp from my X1 which causes big problems , using port forwarding did not work either so I

Am stuck really I can't keep booting my daughter of her system she will get the hump big time . Any suggestions from people with Multy consols

I was thinking about turning on the wireless on the sky router / modem and hooking the 360 to that but it defeats the object of having all devices on the Duma

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ahh ok really glad to hear it. That makes complete sense. When I get sometime my first priority is to sort out multiple consoles. I would suggest for now connect your daughter to the other router, don't worry its highly unlikely an xbox will make you lag.

I will try my best to get in .7 multi-consoles working with UPnP.

The alternative is to disable UPnP and port forward to your xbox only. Her NAT will become closed though. 

Further update

Came home tonight fully intent on following Iain's advice . My daughter was already on her 360 so I expected

My nat to be strict or moderate as it has been for the last couple of nights . So I checked the X1 which showed an open NAT , jumped into

COD AW which surprisingly showed an open NAT . So I went to war firstly on FFA had a couple of games there then had a couple of

Domination games and even went on to capture some flags . Guess what ? DUMA SMOOTH was back for each and every game.

I now have to switch off while her indoors watches big brother

So my experience tells me with Multy consols NAT will be an issue , if it goes strict or moderate again I will do what Iain suggest above or even sell the 360 with my daughter attached to it !! Hopefully there will be a solution in future upgrades but I guess we are all learning which is great . Thanks all

Further update

Came home tonight fully intent on following Iain's advice . My daughter was already on her 360 so I expected

My nat to be strict or moderate as it has been for the last couple of nights . So I checked the X1 which showed an open NAT , jumped into

COD AW which surprisingly showed an open NAT . So I went to war firstly on FFA had a couple of games there then had a couple of

Domination games and even went on to capture some flags . Guess what ? DUMA SMOOTH was back for each and every game.

I now have to switch off while her indoors watches big brother

So my experience tells me with Multy consols NAT will be an issue , if it goes strict or moderate again I will do what Iain suggest above or even sell the 360 with my daughter attached to it !! Hopefully there will be a solution in future upgrades but I guess we are all learning which is great . Thanks all

This is because UPnP has a timeout and it is more than 24 hours...the issue will return if you don't game daily.

I can explain multi-console setup if Iain would like but it is complex.

Guest Netduma_Iain

From the perspective of the geo-filter though its just a classification issue. Will be resolved easily I hope, famous last words

Archived