Gaming Setup

wrathoftank

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, that's a great setup!  What's on top of the x1?

Thanks man, that's a 4TB USB3.0 HDD I have all my XB1 games installed to.

What a great setup A7!!

I would of gotten away with that about 4 years ago before getting married and kids arriving :)

Thanks. :)

I'm happily divorced as of right now so I'm able to enjoy all this stuff without a boss I need to answer to lol.

They are the HP 22xi 21.5 inch monitors. They are not gaming monitors but do the job as they were very cheap during a sale at pc world

That's cool that you got a good deal, I really like the way they look

That's cool that you got a good deal, I really like the way they look

thanks I think they do too!

I was thinkng since when did gaming get soo expensive? I suppose since next gen came out since:

console: £400

games: £50

controller: £40 or £100 if you got a scuf

headset: £80 - £250

monitor: £100

this new think called the netduma  ;) : £120

I rest my case

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks for purchasing GamerGuy, very nice setup. Personally I'd tilt the monitors at an angle for that matrix effect haha!

Thanks for purchasing GamerGuy, very nice setup. Personally I'd tilt the monitors at an angle for that matrix effect haha!

Aha yes but my OCD would prevent it and I would wake up at two a clock in the morning and sleep walk to my desk and change it

Might I ask where you got the rack on which you are putting your consoles? I need something like this, 

See below

I believe that should be on desk setup sos! no im joking just a little bit of cable management would do the trick! may I ask what the mixing moards are for?

I believe that should be on desk setup sos! no im joking just a little bit of cable management would do the trick! may I ask what the mixing moards are for?

Due to my job and personal hobbies(Youtube, Streaming) I move my devices, consoles around of for testing purposes, and never really sit still enough for proper cable management. I am currently using 4x 6 plug power strips. 

The mixing board is to get audio from all devices(All three consoles, both PC's, and more) all into one set of headphones without having to take them off. the headphones are the Audio Technica BPHS-1's. They have godlike voice quality since they are broadcast headphones. 

Might I ask where you got the rack on which you are putting your consoles? I need something like this, 

See below

Have any questions about how the setup works? I'd love to answer them 

Wow, you've got quite a lot going on there!  What are the sound board things for?  Also I bought it from amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00336TY0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thanks I think they do too!

I was thinkng since when did gaming get soo expensive? I suppose since next gen came out since:

console: £400

games: £50

controller: £40 or £100 if you got a scuf

headset: £80 - £250

monitor: £100

this new think called the netduma  ;) : £120

I rest my case

Yes, no doubt gaming is an expensive hobby.  It was pretty expensive last gen too though, especially at the start.  Although gaming headsets and modded controllers weren't very common early on last gen.

Wow, you've got quite a lot going on there!  What are the sound board things for?  Also I bought it from amazon... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00336TY0K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sound board, rather a mixer, is so I can listen to everything at the same time. Like, all console, PC's, mac, everything. It just makes managing audio easier, with having multiple headsets or weird setups. Everything plugs into the mixer, and then one cable for the headphones. :D

The sound board, rather a mixer, is so I can listen to everything at the same time. Like, all console, PC's, mac, everything. It just makes managing audio easier, with having multiple headsets or weird setups. Everything plugs into the mixer, and then one cable for the headphones. :D

If you don't mind what is the mixer you are using? I may be interested in such a thing

I'm a master photographer! You'll notice no astro A40s, my friend "borrowed them" that was 4 years ago lol

Don't you hate it when that happens, btw I approve of your beer (I'm from St. Louis)!

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes very annoying indeed. 

I think you Americans are gonna kill me and the Brits, Germans & French are going to slaughter me BUT my favourite beer is Coors light. 

Yes very annoying indeed. 

I think you Americans are gonna kill me and the Brits, Germans & French are going to slaughter me BUT my favourite beer is Coors light. 

Coors is from the USA isn't it?  Also is that your r1 in front of your beer?  If so I'm afraid you may have voided your warranty!  :P

Coors is from the USA isn't it?  Also is that your r1 in front of your beer?  If so I'm afraid you may have voided your warranty!  :P

Yeah looks like Iain has it ready to recover from a bad flash, cable hooked up, and all.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yup coors light is US beer but you get it over here. Some places have it on tap & they make me very happy. That is indeed a duma, that duma in particular has gone through thick & thin with me haha! I don't use it for dev anymore but I kept it for sentimental reasons, I'm an old romantic :)

I thought that Americans looked down on coors light? I know in EU people tend to think our beers are superior. Brits think their Ales are the best, Germans think their beers in general are the best. I don't know if the French are proud of their beers but they definitely say their wine and cuisine is second to none. 

Hence why I'm sure I'll get slammed for liking Coors, anyway I digress...... 

Archived