Party management.

I yet to get one but wanted to suggest something. Cod AW, like many other games does very little for party management. It finds games based on party host, it does not find games where it compromises based on party make up. I know the router gives me the option to change the Geo location. Which is great but its up to the user to be proactive and ask all members where they are and then change the Geo location to suit. Everyone with this router may not know they can do this. It might be great to have a party management menu. It could consist of an analyze button to gather data on all party members and make a Geo location filter radius suggestion based on the resulting data. This would improve quality for all in the party. A menu for this will also encourage people to do so as opposed to no menu and users not knowing they can do this. Plus you wouldn't have to quiz party member on their location to gather input for a better geo location search filter.

As you say the router does this already. Once people are in the party they will show on the routers geo-filter without anyone having to ask where they are. The Router owner could then just set geo-filter to a 'middle' ground.

So for example I own the router, and A, B, C are my party members. Once A,B,C come into my game / party chat they should start to show up as data traffic to me. So I am in UK, A is in France, B is in Germany, C is in Spain. This would all be visible and then I can choose whether I want to set search radius to cover the middle of us all.

Yes this router can do that. Its great with party management. What im getting at is to promote that it does this, state that it does this, and add something to UI to encourage people to do so. I have been telling my friend about this router for a couple weeks now and yet to secure one. Turns out another friend of mine has one and didn't say anything. He is quiet and he only used it for playing solo. I host party much of the time. A couple nights ago he tells me he has the router. Im like dude, you need to host and manage this party with that router. He never pieced it together that he could do this and we were playing a weeks worth of games with one or the other in the party suffering to lag with out using the routers geo filter. 

Hes in california, my other friend is in virginia and me in texas. Before, im guessing the host was flip flopping around. Now he sets the filter to OK City area and everything is peachy.

I think they need to make this ability to manage parties and mediate ping a stronger bullet point. Some people think that its only useful to your location.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I'm really busy at the moment implementhing this new feature. Its really important I get it done then I'll start addressing the backlog. But the options for optimising party chat are:

1. Polygons, so you can draw where you want to allow instead of a circle
  2. It auto calculates the best circle based on your friends

food for though :)

When working on this like he said with a friend I will soon have a few that are getting one cause of my nice words :P lol but is there way to work with it as say in party with friends that have router it tries to find happy medium between everyone and their location? Also on the geo filter part is that a way down the road instead of having a radius as a circle something that matches states or countries towns example I live in California and if I want to game strictly in my state only I can just filter my state? Also on on circles for telling who host and servers different colors just to tell the difference between listener/hybrid servers vs dedicated ones.

Other thank keep of the great work guys :)

@lain great thanks ya cause when I play in cali my radius I am playing against the sea monsters lol so I have to keep under 400km

Peacemaker, you may not be aware but you can move your home location into the ocean so that only part of the radius overlaps into California and there reduces your possible matches but should keep the more local to you. Means you can have a bigger radius and capture the west coast without the search going too far inland.

post-161-0-98681100-1420980143_thumb.png

Archived