different colours on geofilter

Hm...by reading reviews of r1 i notice people are saing they have green and different colours of circles on geo filter and i have only red is something wrong on my side

Guest Netduma Fraser

Under select game/services you have 4 spaces, so you can put different devices there. The colours people are referring to is just showing you which device is currently showing hosts. For example in the first slot I have my Xbox and it shows up on the map as red for the hosts. Say I got bored of Xbox and fired up my PS4 which i put in a different slot it will be a different colour, say blue or green for example and I would then see the hosts for that device as those colours. Hope that makes sense. You can see the colour of the device under the sub heading, the circles and device it is for match. 

Under select game/services you have 4 spaces, so you can put different devices there. The colours people are referring to is just showing you which device is currently showing hosts. For example in the first slot I have my Xbox and it shows up on the map as red for the hosts. Say I got bored of Xbox and fired up my PS4 which i put in a different slot it will be a different colour, say blue or green for example and I would then see the hosts for that device as those colours. Hope that makes sense. You can see the colour of the device under the sub heading, the circles and device it is for match.

sorry so simple me stupid thx again

Can i ask if there is a way to get more accurate player locations.

I know some things arent possible but its frustrating when you know someone is on the map and its not their true location, not even close.

Im slowly adding friends to my allow list, frustrating during 1 at a time.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Faulko, yes that is exactly the point of the "Incorrect Location" button. Please use it, and it will update itself in a day or so.

Guest Netduma Fraser

And how do i incorrection location myself :blink:

Sorry just frustrated.

I don't believe you can, however if you go to google and type my ip and then PM me your IP address I can pass it on to Iain who can then update it with the correct location. This would then be auto updated. If I miss understood, then you can click on a host that you think is in the wrong location and the box that pops up for them has a button for incorrect location. Click that and itll send that data to us. 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Wait oh I see what your saying. A few other people have mentioned that. So you'd like an easier way to put people on the allow list. I'll think about it and propose some solutions.

In terms of incorrect location it should happen rarely, you maybe unlucky with a group of friends in the same block. Just click the circle and in the host descriptor dialog at the bottom you'll see the "Incorrect Location" button. Just press it and thats it :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Yes that one is tougher, I'll think about a way to do that in the future release. Maybe have a circle showing yourself so you can see yourself as host easier :) In the meantime just PM me your IP and I can see if its incorrect. 

Guest Netduma Fraser

How do we know what the different colours mean for the circles , also the triangles when you run trace what do the difference colours mean . Thx

Do you mean what I explained here in my quote? The colours for the trace route dont mean anything as far as I know. I wouldnt worry about doing a trace route, focus on the ping. 

Archived