Remove Xbox port forwarding? (isp router)

Hi!

I'm waiting for the store to open soon (dear santa!!). Really stoked about this!

Got some questions.

I've got a Thomson tg789vn v2 router at home. And i've done port forwarding that xbox.com

recommends. Did this only to maybe get less lag but it was not better.

These i've manually added to my "xbox one" with the correct ip that xbox device uses.

Port 88 (UDP)

Port 3074 (UDP och TCP)

Port 53 (UDP och TCP)

Port 80 (TCP)

Q:

Is this needed to be removed from my ISP router (Thomson tg789vn v2) when i start to use the Netduma device?

Q:

(I found a link to the quick start guide (pdf) and read it.)

The ISP router is meant to be connected then the Netduma to it? Just like the quick start guide?

I'ts only the wireless devices like Iphones that needs to be reconnected to the (primary? netduma) router then?

Q:

The POE cable is supposed to connect into the ethernet port (1-4) on the isp router?

(random image from g00gl3)

1_9_14445766.jpg

/Mattias Holmgren from Sweden

Hello,

From the picture included (thanks for that) you have a modem/router combo from your ISP.

In the admin section for that device you would simply disable the router functionality, then plug the netduma into one Ethernet port 1. All routing would then be handled by the netduma, so the firewall on the modem/router (isp router) wouldn't be enabled.

Let me know if this makes sense to you, if not I can send you the details from your manufacture

Guest Netduma_Iain

Happy to hear you're considering purchasing.

Q:

Is this needed to be removed from my ISP router (Thomson tg789vn v2) when i start to use the Netduma device?

It depends on whether your Thomoson router can be put in "modem mode". If it can then you won't need to delete it however if you leave it in router mode then you should delete those rules.

Q:

The ISP router is meant to be connected then the Netduma to it? Just like the quick start guide?

I'ts only the wireless devices like Iphones that needs to be reconnected to the (primary? netduma) router then?

You should have this setup:

Wire from the wall <-> Thomson router <-> Netduma R1 <-> Everything

So make sure all devices including your iphones are connected to the R1 for the best experience.

Q:

The POE cable is supposed to connect into the ethernet port (1-4) on the isp router?

Yes, that is correct.

I hope that helps if not let us know :) Thanks for the speedy response as well abc

Hello' date='

From the picture included (thanks for that) you have a modem/router combo from your ISP.

In the admin section for that device you would simply disable the router functionality, then plug the netduma into one Ethernet port 1.  All routing would then be handled by the netduma, so the firewall on the modem/router (isp router) wouldn't be enabled.

Let me know if this makes sense to you, if not I can send you the details from your manufacture

[/quote']

Thanks for reply :) I've seen you on the Xim forum.

Yes indeed that's correct ISP modem/router i guess :D

Are you sure that it's a must to disable those "settings"? That would be a very good thing to know when i get the Netduma.

I would be very pleased if you could somehow show me what to disable in my ISP router. I would never figured this out by myself when "that" day comes.

(sorry for the Spelling)

Happy to hear you're considering purchasing.

Q:

It depends on whether your Thomoson router can be put in "modem mode". If it can then you won't need to delete it however if you leave it in router mode then you should delete those rules.

Q:

You should have this setup:

Wire from the wall  <-> Thomson router <-> Netduma R1 <-> Everything

So make sure all devices including your iphones are connected to the R1 for the best experience.

Q:

Yes' date=' that is correct.

I hope that helps if not let us know  :)  Thanks for the speedy response as well abc

[/quote']

Thank for all your response! Did'nt see your post sorry..

Is it necessary to use my ISP mode/router or can i just use the Netduma? That would be so much easier. But i guess not?

Open store soon :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hello' date='

In the admin section for that device you would simply disable the router functionality, then plug the netduma into one Ethernet port 1.  All routing would then be handled by the netduma, so the firewall on the modem/router (isp router) wouldn't be enabled.

[/quote']

Are you sure that it's a must to disable those "settings"? That would be a very good thing to know when i get the Netduma.

I would be very pleased if you could somehow show me what to disable in my ISP router. I would never figured this out by myself when "that" day comes.

(sorry for the Spelling)

Our CEO actually had that router, well at least that interface is familiar. Anyway, I don't think it has modem mode. So all you need to do is remove that port forwarding rule you created and you should be good to go. Our router does its best to open ports on the ISPs router(or modem) and I think in your scenario it achieves its goals.

Awesome!

Yes' date=' to get the most out of your NetDuma you will want it to be your primary router, this means you need to disable the modem/router (ISP) Router section, this can be done by putting the modem into bridged mode.

(sorry for the Spelling)

Yes, this is something we can lay out a plan for so you have some understanding but you'll likely run into a wall or two.

Our CEO actually had that router' date=' well at least that interface is familiar. Anyway, I don't think it has modem mode. So all you need to do is remove that port forwarding rule you created and you should be good to go. Our router does its best to open ports on the ISPs router(or modem) and I think in your scenario it achieves its goals.

[/quote']

That's awesome, for simplicity i think this would be the best first go. Otherwise, it's going to be a lot of techie stuff to get it to be just a modem. I have seen that this modem/router can be bypassed into modem only mode.

But it will be work and if you aren't comfy with that stuff i think this is an awesome feature of netduma.

Guest Netduma_Iain

For you information abc, all our router does is this:

When it gets a manual port forward request or a UPnP request(assuming its enabled), it determines if there is an upstream router. If so it passes on the port forward request(using UPnP) to the upstream router but changes the device to our router. If the upstream router supports UPnP then our router should behave as if the upstream router is a modem from the pov of the user.

Guest Netduma Luke

Our CEO actually had that router' date=' well at least that interface is familiar. Anyway, I don't think it has modem mode. So all you need to do is remove that port forwarding rule you created and you should be good to go. Our router does its best to open ports on the ISPs router(or modem) and I think in your scenario it achieves its goals.

[/quote']

That's correct - I either had that exact router or a very similar version, and I had no problems getting an open NAT as my Netduma R1 was able to open all the ports for me. Let me know if you're having problems - I'm optimistic you'll be fine though!

[/quote']

That's correct - I either had that exact router or a very similar version, and I had no problems getting an open NAT as my Netduma R1 was able to open all the ports for me. Let me know if you're having problems - I'm optimistic you'll be fine though!

Ok nice!

Thank you so much for the support!

Just messed up... my old isp router was a Thomson and my new is Tehnicolor. Nevermind the same interface though! haha :D Sorry (bitch slap).

Looking forward to buy a Netduma!!!!!

Guest Netduma Luke

Ok nice!

Thank you so much for the support!

Just messed up... my old isp router was a Thomson and my new is Tehnicolor. Nevermind the same interface though! haha :D Sorry (bitch slap).

Looking forward to buy a Netduma!!!!!

Are we the same person? I moved house one month ago and my ISP (plusnet) sent me a Technicolor TG582n FTTC. It works perfectly with my Netduma R1 - quite literally plug and play.

Are we the same person? I moved house one month ago and my ISP (plusnet) sent me a Technicolor TG582n FTTC. It works perfectly with my Netduma R1 - quite literally plug and play.

:D yeees nooo00

Quite?

I got Technicolor TG799tsvn v2.

• 4 weeks later...

Quick question I have a modem/router and netduma connected wifi on netduma is disabled and wifi on my modem/router is enabled on my Xbox I'm getting moderate nat type says that my network is behind a upnp port restricted nat??? Can you help me with that

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure,

so if I understand correctly Scum

modem/router <-> R1(wifi off) 

The xbox is connected to R1 by wire I assume. Ok firstly by having your devices connected to the other routers wifi they cannot be managed by the Netdumas congestion control so they can impact your ping.

With the NAT issue you need to login into the modem/router and search for a section call DMZ. When you find it you need to put the R1 into the DMZ slot. That will open the NAT. 

Please let me know how you get on :)

Archived