Scuf controllers

bagsta69

Okay, I played about (4) hours of AW tonight (pubs and private games with bots), starting with the Scuf XB1 controller and switching after about an hour to the Battle Beaver Custom.

I firmly believe the Battle Beaver Custom is a better fit, function and "slayer-ready" controller.  The SmartTrigger was a shorter pull to engage like I suspected, so I was getting quicker ADS and quick kills.  Turns out the buttons fit perfectly where my RING fingers sit on both sides.  I thought it would be my middle finger until I started playing and my hands just seemed to wrap into position and the button was right there under my ring finger.

The bottom buttons are SUPER sensitive.  I had several instances, just from panic grip, where I flashed a punch.  This happened at frequently in-opportune times like shooting down on someone from above, shooting someone after a nice jump-turn, and the famous cancelling a reload-phantom punch on non one.  <_<  I obviously need a little time with this controller to get the hang of how to hold and react using it.

I had 5 hours and 44 minutes on AW, played last year all told, so it was almost like a new game.  I am ranked in the 4 millions out of 6 million plus for public TDM, so at least I was in the top 2/3rds of players....LOL :P   I played humans (got destroyed on the reg and had to fight smart to get a 1.0 or 1.5 avg) and I fought bots on Veteran (my team got smashed....LOL)

Hands down I now prefer the Battle Beaver customs over my Scuf XB1. 

So, I guess this ends the need for an in-depth review, huh?

So, anyone in the market for a Scuf XB1 controller?  :ph34r: ;)

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First thanks for taking your time and doing this as youbcannsee many people was very interested in it.

What about the incrise tention stick and the aluminum stick?

Thanks for the update info Dillinger.I'm thinking I might have to invest in one of these,sounds like a really good set up and the metal sticks option got my attention.

So I guess a call to them is in order,again thanks for the update bro...good job

Anyone know if trigger stops can be added to a standard ds4?  If they can, how hard is the DIY, and where can I get them from?

I added these to my PS4 controller.

It took roughly 10 minutes to do and they are removable too.

I've also got the Battle Beaver domed thumbsticks and blacked out buttons installed. 

The whole modification probably cost around £10.

If I had the confidence, I'd have a go at adding in customised buttons like Cinch pads have too.

I used socket screws similar just like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-HIGH-TENSILE-12-9-CAP-HEAD-ALLEN-BOLTS-SELF-COLOUR-SOCKET-SCREWS-/161214378076?var=&hash=item0

I'm pretty sure I used the M3 8mm ones (don't quote me on that though!)

1) I went onto COD AW - started up a private match and slowly pressed my R2 and L2 triggers in until the gun started firing/started to ADS.

2) I then marked on on the pad (the bottom of the R2 and L2 triggers) with a stanley blade the exact point where the trigger takes effect.

3) I drilled a few holes into some scrap plastic to make sure I had the drill measurements right - you don't want to ruin your PS4 controller!

4) I drilled a hole just before the marked line on the R2 and LR triggers (to make sure the stops actually take effect) and screwed the socket screws with an allen key.

5) Hey presto - trigger stops!

post-2701-0-56404700-1437053682_thumb.jpg

post-2701-0-61005400-1437053683_thumb.jpg

I haven't personally tried this but if you had an old controller to test it out on it looks legit. 4 parts to the video explaining it.

I have a 2nd PS4 pad collecting dust at mine.

When I have time (aka if I can be bothered, I may test this out and let you all know how I get on with it)

If it's all hunky dory, I could even carry out a few mods for everyone else!?

I purchased a new scuf animal for the 360 when it came out and now I sent a brand new controller for the send in service on my xbox one.

I have to say their send in service is crap and they rather you buy from them.

I'm glad Microsoft is coming out with the Elite controller, maybe that will have an impact on SCUF's sales and they will have better service and prices.

Even though SCUF and Microsoft are working together on the Elite.

Overall I would recommend getting a scuf or scuf like device because it really makes the game better.

I used to use one of these on my ps3 because I prefer the xbox controller. XCM cross battle adapter. There are some current options out there for PS4 and Xbox One.

I was using a cronusmax to use my 360 scuf on my xbox one for a while. It's smaller and easier to use.

I added these to my PS4 controller.

It took roughly 10 minutes to do and they are removable too.

I've also got the Battle Beaver domed thumbsticks and blacked out buttons installed. 

The whole modification probably cost around £10.

If I had the confidence, I'd have a go at adding in customised buttons like Cinch pads have too.

I used socket screws similar just like these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-M4-M5-M6-M8-HIGH-TENSILE-12-9-CAP-HEAD-ALLEN-BOLTS-SELF-COLOUR-SOCKET-SCREWS-/161214378076?var=&hash=item0

I'm pretty sure I used the M3 8mm ones (don't quote me on that though!)

1) I went onto COD AW - started up a private match and slowly pressed my R2 and L2 triggers in until the gun started firing/started to ADS.

2) I then marked on on the pad (the bottom of the R2 and L2 triggers) with a stanley blade the exact point where the trigger takes effect.

3) I drilled a few holes into some scrap plastic to make sure I had the drill measurements right - you don't want to ruin your PS4 controller!

4) I drilled a hole just before the marked line on the R2 and LR triggers (to make sure the stops actually take effect) and screwed the socket screws with an allen key.

5) Hey presto - trigger stops!

Thanks for the info quickfaith. Sounds perfect.  Been known for a 10-minute job to take me all weekend, but will be giving this a go.  Thanks again.

@Dillinger.  Excellent reviews, mate.  Really informative.  Might be asking you ship me a Beaver from the USA of America when I destroy my last ds4 - lol  :thumbup:

@Dillinger.  Excellent reviews, mate.  Really informative.  Might be asking you ship me a Beaver from the USA of America when I destroy my last ds4 - lol  :thumbup:

No worries brother, I got you when you are ready to upgrade and join the big boys. :D

So, what does everybody think of MS's official upcoming "Scuf" clone for XB1 that is going go be released this Fall?

I'm more inclined to just buy that since A) I can (will be able to) pick it up at any Best Buy and take it home, B) it's the same exact thing as a Scuf, or Battle Beaver and is endorsed by MS themselves, obviously.

@JConnor - I love the idea.  To have a controller that offers these "enhancements" from the original company is a HUGE plus in my eyes, but this also means you will see a lot more people using them, so be prepared.  LOL

Cool Features:

• Adjustable ON/OFF Trigger Stops (which means you can turn them on/off and use the same controller for other games.  I can't do that with a Scuf 360 when playing Army of Two or Red Dead Redemption with the wife)
  • Re-mappable buttons
  • (3) different height sticks with each model (change at will)

Worrisome:

• The underside buttons are in a unique place, right where your ring finger goes, and they are said to be SUPER touchy.  I suspect the first 50 or so games are going to be a Scuf user getting used to jumping or flashing the knife when they lightly touch the buttons.  This will be figured out by the end user quickly, but I FULLY EXPECT people who get one for the first time to list this as a high level complaint.

Outside of that, I actually would like to hold/game with on and see how the quality compares.  Are you planning on getting one?

Having read through these posts and doing a bit of research myself I would really like to order one of the Battle Beaver controllers, however....... Their website is not filling me with confidence.

I am finding it difficult to see if they even cater for the UK market, most of the buttons don't actually work or lead you to a dead end page or are in what looks like French.

hmmmmm decisions decisions or not as the case may be.

Even the contact button isn't working last I looked.

Oh well, another case of Alexis Lichine Bordeaux Superieur it is then, That's French I do understand. :)

If that's your only concern, use PayPal and ship it to me. I'll fwd it over to you.

Earlier I couldn't even get onto the page to design the controller and add what I wanted.

That is a very kind offer buddy though cheers.

Following up from your tweet it appears they are standard height as in normal controller height and they do not know if KFREAKS will fit them. Although I do believe you can add the option of taller sticks

Outside of that, I actually would like to hold/game with on and see how the quality compares.  Are you planning on getting one?

That's the plan. 

I toyed with getting a Scuf, but I've read horror stories about shoddy workmanship and terrible customer support which swayed me NOT to invest in one. However, with the official MS one coming there is a lot more transparency e.g. if it breaks in a timely manner I can just return it to Best Buy, and/or have MS send me a new one given their limited warranty. 

The best thing is while more people will be using them... Everybody will be on equal footing (for those who choose to purchase one) unlike now where it 's only a select few players. I know it won't turn me into a gaming god, but I like the idea of a more ergonomic controller not just for CoD, but other games as well. Having to take your fingers off the Right thumb stick is not very ergonomic to say the least...

Yebs after this topic i want one to. But they havent ansverd if the aluminum stick can take KF

Is that Kontrol Freaks?

I don't know, but I can tell you with about 95% certainty in about 2 hours time when I get home.

Archived