Netduma App

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stoked for this idea! i didn't even read this thread before but was thinking to myself last night at work how cool it would be to have a google play app shortcut for this on my tablet.

Good work abc123, wish i had the intelligence to create such things and help out. Guess i will just settle for verbal support and watch from the sidelines ;) Goooo Duuuma !!

could this code be used to create a controlpanel for pc as well?

kinda has to do with the app. more usefull after they implement profiles, but I was hoping for some program for pc that could have hotkeys set to run different functions. wouldn't need anything graphical even since I was hoping to use it on the fly.

yup... pc-gamer _0/

• Administrators

kinda has to do with the app. more usefull after they implement profiles, but I was hoping for some program for pc that could have hotkeys set to run different functions. wouldn't need anything graphical even since I was hoping to use it on the fly.

yup... pc-gamer _0/

That could potentially be something to look into in the future!

yup... pc-gamer _0/

that one would be pretty easy, the api calls aren't super crazy.  so without needing to you'd just need to know the items you are wanting hot-keyed

• 1 month later...

Fraser is correct, Android will happen separately.  I took some time off development for The Taken King and for BO3, this was more time that I thought it would be...i'm a game addict after all.  Also re-architecture of major project at work means that they have much more of my time.

Development has resumed, but I can't use NativeScript as it doesn't have native map support for iOS and google maps doesn't allow for drawing circles...which is somewhat a biggie for the main function of the router.

Anyways, back to the grind stone as they say.

• 1 month later...

Great news!

Development is honestly moving on this again, all code is now up-to-date on Swift 2.1 and iOS 9.2 and below are supported....

Some class files were lost during the transition but it is minimal (and i still have the files)...

Once there is some change that will show progress (network circles) i'll post a brand new spanking video for everyone to smile about

cant w8 to see this on my ios devices thx alot abc123 for spending your free time building this app

not a problem, i just wish i had more free time...from a development standpoint the complexity of this app isn't too hard, but from an iOS app standpoint it takes time to develop the UIs since I don't normally code for iOS.  No worries though, i think we are getting close to a working beta.  At this point a "test flight" app release will happen to the admin and moderators of netduma.  If no bugs are found a full release will follow.

not a problem, i just wish i had more free time...from a development standpoint the complexity of this app isn't too hard, but from an iOS app standpoint it takes time to develop the UIs since I don't normally code for iOS.  No worries though, i think we are getting close to a working beta.  At this point a "test flight" app release will happen to the admin and moderators of netduma.  If no bugs are found a full release will follow.

oh man this is so cool. will it eventually be compatible with my android tablet? just out of curiosity :)

oh man this is so cool. will it eventually be compatible with my android tablet? just out of curiosity :)

there are a couple of multi-platform solutions out there, all costing between $500 per developer to $1000...

there are two free solutions (ReactNative, NativeScript), these solutions don't offer the same benefits when it comes to map manipulation and will require two separate branches to handle android vs ios...so i might as well just code them in two isolated boxes...

The main issue with this is simple, a feature added to one will be re-coded from scratch on the second

I'd also say being able to move the "Home" and being able to adjust the allow/deny for connected hosts. There might be some settings toggles that would be useful to have, but I don't know whether they're important enough to be considered a showstopper if they weren't there.

As much as we can to what the PC can do

that's considered a final product, a MVP is something that is released initially then features are added

I'd also say being able to move the "Home" and being able to adjust the allow/deny for connected hosts. There might be some settings toggles that would be useful to have, but I don't know whether they're important enough to be considered a showstopper if they weren't there.

Do you mean tapping on a connection then seeing their descriptor id, and the allow deny curtains?

very exciting to hear!  quick question - the PC is a little bit resource intensive (for some reason), isn't it?  Will the iOS & android version be polling as often (I'm assuming that's what causes it)?  just curious as to whether i should expect my phone/tab battery to die quickly or not.

very exciting to hear!  quick question - the PC is a little bit resource intensive (for some reason), isn't it?  Will the iOS & android version be polling as often (I'm assuming that's what causes it)?  just curious as to whether i should expect my phone/tab battery to die quickly or not.

This is something I will definitely keep in mind, I don't believe this will be anything to worry about.  Especially since the app won't keep your phone from falling asleep, I can force that but I personally find that kills my phone more than anything

Archived