PS4 Not listed on Device Manager

Hi, Can someone give me a hand please. I just purchased the router and unfortunately I cannot see my PS4 listed under device manager. I have tried both wired/wireless DHCP and static address but I haven't managed to see the device on the router. Am I missing something?

What is your whole setup?

More than 1 router?

Is the PS4 wired into the back of the R1?

On the PS4 do you have internet?

I have a Zyxel VDSL modem/router in routing mode which the Netduma router is attached to. I have my laptop and both my PS3 and PS4 attached to the Netduma Router. Netduma sees both the PS3 and the Laptop but not the PS4. I have tried different methods i.e. DHCP, static, wireless, wired but no success. all the devices are connected to the internet including the PS4 

I have a Zyxel VDSL modem/router in routing mode which the Netduma router is attached to. I have my laptop and both my PS3 and PS4 attached to the Netduma Router. Netduma sees both the PS3 and the Laptop but not the PS4. I have tried different methods i.e. DHCP, static, wireless, wired but no success. all the devices are connected to the internet including the PS4 

I'm wondering if the ethernet cable is bad, and it is connecting to the ISP router...

I don't own a PS4 so I can't be much help there, does it tell you if it is wired vs wireless?

Is a device showing up in your device list named "nameless device"

I'm wondering if the ethernet cable is bad, and it is connecting to the ISP router...

I don't own a PS4 so I can't be much help there, does it tell you if it is wired vs wireless?

Is a device showing up in your device list named "nameless device"

Is not the ethernet cable as I stated earlier I have tried the wireless method and also the PS4 receives DHCP IP from the router. The only problem is that I can not see the device on the router and therefore I cannot manage the PS4 

Is not the ethernet cable as I stated earlier I have tried the wireless method and also the PS4 receives DHCP IP from the router. The only problem is that I can not see the device on the router and therefore I cannot manage the PS4 

definitely and can't use geo-filter.

So in your setup you have 2 routers, i'm just trying to make sure it is connected to the netduma (via wired, or if wireless that you have wireless disabled on the other router or set to different SSIDs)

if none of that works you could try the latest firmware update, i'll PM you the link

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi charzelo thanks for purchasing and happy new year.

Can you take a screenshot of the device manager and post here please.

Hi charzelo thanks for purchasing and happy new year.

Can you take a screenshot of the device manager and post here please.

Hi Iain, sorry for delay response as I was away for a few days and thank you for your reply. I have found out what the issue was. it was a browser issue. I had 2 sessions open: one on Internet explorer and the other on Chrome which the router or Internet explorer didn't like. Now I only use chrome to manage the device. 

Once again thanks for all the help support you and the team have committed to us. I have a lot of routers at home and none do a better job than the R1 in terms of QOS let alone the Geo filter feature. I am very satisfied with the product. 

definitely and can't use geo-filter.

So in your setup you have 2 routers, i'm just trying to make sure it is connected to the netduma (via wired, or if wireless that you have wireless disabled on the other router or set to different SSIDs)

if none of that works you could try the latest firmware update, i'll PM you the link

Thanks mate, I received the firmware updates. I have also managed to setup the R1 in PPPoE without any issues. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but just a minor amendment required asap as its a big security risk for such a lovely the device. At the moment the Router doesn't have any password or a way for setting up a password. Also the password box under the WAN settings is just a plane text box and not encripted box. This is a huge risk for PPPoE users as not only can you access the router over the Internet without a password but also their broadband details are there for grabs. I hope this could be addressed soon. I have disabled my PPPoE for now because of the risks. Many thanks

Thanks mate, I received the firmware updates. I have also managed to setup the R1 in PPPoE without any issues. I don't know if this is the right place to post this but just a minor amendment required asap as its a big security risk for such a lovely the device. At the moment the Router doesn't have any password or a way for setting up a password. Also the password box under the WAN settings is just a plane text box and not encripted box. This is a huge risk for PPPoE users as not only can you access the router over the Internet without a password but also their broadband details are there for grabs. I hope this could be addressed soon. I have disabled my PPPoE for now because of the risks. Many thanks

Yeah, there are a couple:

Password Login: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/281-password-login/

Wifi Password: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/74-wifi-password-protection/

I don't think anyone mentioned that they need to set the PPPoE box to password.  In reality I should post to Iain about this...he sends the password back to the client after it is initially set...and he shouldn't do this because a simple inspect element shows the password.

You don't get the router from outside your internal network, they have that turned off. So no worries there, but i'd post:

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feedback-and-suggestions/

about the PPPoE not being type=password.

PS: glad I could help, even more happy you figured it out.

Guest Netduma Fraser

I'll add your PPPoE security concerns to the list. Password for the router is already on the list :)

Yeah, there are a couple:

Password Login: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/281-password-login/

Wifi Password: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/74-wifi-password-protection/

I don't think anyone mentioned that they need to set the PPPoE box to password.  In reality I should post to Iain about this...he sends the password back to the client after it is initially set...and he shouldn't do this because a simple inspect element shows the password.

You don't get the router from outside your internal network, they have that turned off. So no worries there, but i'd post:

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/9-feedback-and-suggestions/

about the PPPoE not being type=password.

PS: glad I could help, even more happy you figured it out.

Thanks mate, that's wonderful news. I am glad you are aware of the issue. 

Archived