Xr500 with comcast

I have Comcast Xfinity. Whatever you wanna call it.150 up and 5 down.i have a Technicolor tc8305c modem andthe xr500 connected to it with 1 PS4 plugged in Ethernet of the xr and 1 PS4 on wifi of the xr..I put the modem into bridge mode but it is not in true bridge mode.i saw something on here that said to take the Mac address of the modem and put it into the router Mac address of the xr500 but when I do that I get no internet.any suggestions?

2nd question.is it best to just use upnp for 2 ps4s to avoid double Nat? Or portforward? Sometime I have issues in party chat where I can't speak to people because of our Nat type.

Any help would be appreciated thank you

• Administrators

What you've heard about the MAC address is if you were using a separate router to your ISP provided modem/router before the XR500 then you could put that router MAC address into the XR500. What do you mean by it is not true bridge mode? Are ALL devices connected to the XR500?

Yes I would suggest using UPnP. Have you added your friends to your allow list on the Geo-Filter? Otherwise you may have issues connecting to them if filtering.

So when I traceart it goes 1.router IP 2.modem IP.3.wan ip..maybe I'm misinformed but I thought it should go 1.router IP 2.wan IP and so on.

And I mainly play nba2k19 and the geofilter does not work well with it..it also may be placebo but it seems like I lag more with qos enabled as well(only for nba2k19)

For call of duty geofilter and qos work wonders for me

• Administrators

Looking at your Technicolor it's a combination router/modem. If it isn't in true modem mode then your first example would be correct. If it is in true modem mode then the router's WAN IP is then your public IP and not a local WAN IP from the router/modem. 

I'm not sure if we've specifically tested that game with the Geo-Filter so that may be why. In what sense does it not work correctly?

Strange that you perceive QoS to work better for one game and not the other when QoS really works across the board. Does NBA2K19 use P2P by any chance? If so that's probably the reason as you're more dependent on the quality of someone else's connection rather than a server which generally is more stable.

It may be placebo as far as the qos ..but I have tried both and without seemed to work best..maybe because I only get 5 upload? I know games don't use much so I don't know ..the geofilter connects and works and the ping is usually ranging from 22-40 and it seems like the same server Wich isn't too far from me but when it's on my games seem to have a stutter to them. Doesn't feel like lag more like frame rate drops.the way the online works is there's a neighborhood that 60 or so people can be in at once and to play you  get on a bubble and start a game..but it doesn't actually connect to a server on the geofilter until you get on the bubble and start even tho your already connected to a open world neighborhood 

I might be reading to far into it as I haven't had any issues except with this one particular game..thank for the help

• Administrators

It's all about finding what works best for you so if that's the case then great! Even with 5 upload it'll still work just fine, it's perfect for lower speed connections in fact. Okay well that does seem like a decent ping. There might be issues on the route to the server, do you have the IP address (can likely get it from the ping panel), then you can do a Ping Plotter test when nothing is using the internet/when QoS is applied to see how it performs. 

2 ps4s and upnp doesn't work correctly. Use port triggering to get open nat on both consoles. Set static ips for both consoles. Triggering port will be the same for both consoles 3074 udp and 9308 udp. Set one ps4 with same ports for inbound. Change other ps4 to 3075 udp and 9307 udp for inbound. This is a sony problem. They need to have a select port option like Xbox does.

• Netduma Staff
On 3/23/2019 at 11:13 PM, Sunaikinti said:

2 ps4s and upnp doesn't work correctly. Use port triggering to get open nat on both consoles. Set static ips for both consoles. Triggering port will be the same for both consoles 3074 udp and 9308 udp. Set one ps4 with same ports for inbound. Change other ps4 to 3075 udp and 9307 udp for inbound. This is a sony problem. They need to have a select port option like Xbox does.

Awesome advice. I'd agree that it's a Sony problem - I only see this issue happening persistently with PS4's.