Version 1.02.6

Guest Netduma_Iain

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi everyone,

I've worked day & night to get you this before new years and managed to get multiple RSIs along the way lol! Anyway I'm not telling you this to throw myself a pity party, its to let you know we have not tested this version as rigorously as other versions. Fraser has run multiple tests on the changed code and it appears to be working. 

We have a team of admins at the moment who I'm sure would like to get the new version immediately. For most users I'd suggest you wait a day while our admin users test it. However if you insist we will give you the instructions to upgrade. But you have been warned! Don't worry, it wont break your router and we can always take you back a version if anything arises.

So what does this new version do? The primary purpose of this is to address the lobby booting issue. This code puts all the infrastructure for the geo-filter to adapt to any regional issues(based on reporting from you regional admin). It basically lets you control the filtering even more. 

On the new version you'll see a check box called "Strict Mode". If you enable this then the geo-filter will filter to the maximum. This means you may get lobby booting problems as before. But we have added the "Snap" button, if you can think of a better word let us know. Its next to the home button on the geo-filter. If you click it, it will expand the filter radius to optimum searching locations. So if you're getting booted you can just snap up till the issue goes away.

If you just want a game right now, and aren't super fussed about strict filtering then disable strict filtering. The lobby booting should go away completely now. You may still see it, but as our regional admins continue to report you'll see it eventually disappear completely. 

So like I said the infrastructure is in place now. As our admins continue to report you'll see it optimise itself highly. So it should just continue to get better each day till it reaches the optimum. You won't need to touch anything it will improve itself automatically using the cloud.

The next version will start to address features other than the geo-filter. Although the next version will have an experimental idea for the geo-filter that will flip it on its head :P

So if you'd like the new version now, instead of waiting a day(I recommend that) then @Netduma_Fraser will be in chat 10mins from now, for the next two hours.

If you decide to wait a day or miss Fraser in the chat room. You may need the upgrade for a few reasons, I'll give simple alternatives until tomorrow:

1. You need PPPoE, in the meantime please just connect to your existing router. It will nearly be an identical experience. Only difference is your NAT may not be fully open. If so you can use DMZ to open, but still it should be fine to play on and geo-filter with.
  2. You are being booted out of lobbies, please just expand your geo-filter slightly
  3. You are on 1.02.4 or 1.02.5 and the geo-filter is not getting you low latency hosts. Unfortunately there is no easy fix for this, you'll just have wait it out one more day. 

Thanks for your patience, happy new year everyone! Here's to 2015  B)

EDIT: Instructions for upgrading are at netduma.com/upgrade

Changelog

• Preserve cloud files over upgrades.
  • Implemented geo-snap for faster searches.
  • Implemented strict filtering mode.
  • Automated server side clustering.
  • Automated server side processing of classification sets.
  • Moved disjoint subsets to cloud.
  • Disjoin whitelist classification.
  • Increased verobosity for supernet and subnet leaves.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Netduma Fraser

where can i get the update.

Pm'd

would like to upgrade as well  

Pm'd

Off for the night so won't be giving out any more upgrades and wont be able to help until tomorrow. Have a Happy New Year everyone!

Awesome, sadly missed this post until now so I may not be upgrading until tomorrow. Looking forward to experimenting with the new features, strict filtering especially. 

As always amazing support. Happy New Year! :D 

After this update, I'm unable to see host when playing.

The lobby host i can see, but not the game host.

When the game begins there are no big red circle.

Denmark, Xbone, COD AW, Team Deathmatch.

edit : Not all of the time....mabye 95% of the time there are no host..

Guest Netduma Luke

still being kicked from lobbies under this patch.

Do you have the strict mode box ticked? If so you will still experience the lobby booting so you should then try the snap.

If you've done both of these things and you are still being booted, please continue to let us know so we can continue to improve this for everyone. Thanks.

Please may i have the instructions for the new FW, do I need to pm a certain admin?

Reason : i need to get my wan ip from the duma to place inside the 7800n dmz but the older FW is not showing this in devices

Guest Netduma_Iain

Macbi it sounds like you're using strict mode, please confirm this. If so use the new snap function and search and you should see it go.

If don't want to get booted at disable strict mode.

Please let me know how you get on

Guest Netduma_Iain

Anyone who would like to upgrade please follow the instructions at netduma.com/upgrade

When you get to the page please press's "Ctrl + f5". When you upgrade it should say 1.02.6

Happy new year!!

Archived