General Question

Infoseye

Just a general question. On the server I'm connected to when I do a ping I get 7-8ms, but when I go I to network settings to check the ping(call of duty black ops4 in game menu) network settings - network connection meter I see 25ms

Is there a reason why it's different? And not the same?

MVIMG_20190321_001737.jpg

Also my bandwidth on bo4 under network settings says 3mb it should be more if I'm correct, sorry for the poor quality of pictures.

I just wonder what all this details means, please advise accordingly, thank you.

IMG_20190321_004637.jpg

The in-game stats are not to be relied upon, they are notoriously inaccurate. If you disable geo filter and view the in-game stats again you will see that it is the same. I have a 330mbps connection and it shows in the game I have 4mbps (no matter what router I use).

• Netduma Staff

Big Dog is correct above. The in-game ping shown in Call of Duty is extremely unreliable - for some reason it doesn't test directly to the game servers, rather it pings to an exchange and then to the server. That means the in-game ping reading is always higher than it actually is.

If you want to read your ping accurately use the Geo-Filter, since it pings the server directly. And aye, the bandwidth reading will rely on the in-game and console clients which will limit your speeds, but the game only uses <0.5mbps. It's just allocating the resources it needs.