People connecting outside my radius

Blameless

19 minutes ago, Blameless said:

Ah okay! So what's the benefit of doing this when playing COD?

it will only connect you to servers in your radius. The other method you could use which is what I do is set your location in the ocean, shrink radius to minimum and set ping assist to 5ms above your base ping, that will give you games within your desired ping and also leave fast search off.

Fast search will find you games outside your set parameters  to make sure you get a game.

• Administrators

Strict Mode ensures any dedicated servers allow are within your radius, though Ping Assist could get servers outside the radius even with strict on. 

Strict Mode off would allow dedicated servers outside the radius but still allow players/peers.

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

it will only connect you to servers in your radius. The other method you could use which is what I do is set your location in the ocean, shrink radius to minimum and set ping assist to 5ms above your base ping, that will give you games within your desired ping and also leave fast search off.

Fast search will find you games outside your set parameters  to make sure you get a game.

Do I still need filtering mode on & stick mode on?

• Administrators

It appears ping assist is still active even though it's set to 0ms. Did you change this and then immediately search for a game? If so because connections are still active they would still be subject to your previous ping assist value. So as I mentioned before be sure to close the game after setting to 0, then wait 2 minutes and boot it up again, does it still occur? 

If people are connecting outside the radius then you'll see the icons on the map out of your radius.

• Administrators

In that case shut down your console completely - don't put into rest mode but completely off. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter, flush the cloud (refresh the page if you get the taking too long message) then add your device back, wait 2 minutes and turn on the console and game, is ping assist still not performing correctly?