Internet and LAN Speed Test + Internet Diagnosis

Hi Team,

I currently own a Netduma R1 and Netgear XR500.

I have a suggestion of adding a speed test similar to legacy features on the old R1 firmware which also tested the line with the Internet Diagnosis feature (please bring the Internet Diagnosis feature back).

I would also find it really convenient to be able to test LAN speeds given its so often we hear of all these amazing 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz numbers being thrown around on advertisement of routers but find it hard to test in reality. I'm sure it would also assist some people in trouble shooting or deciding between cabled connections and wireless. I assume this may be possible with the introduction of a DumaOS App for mobiles or just through the GUI from the connected device.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this!

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, Bozo said:

Hi Team,

I currently own a Netduma R1 and Netgear XR500.

I have a suggestion of adding a speed test similar to legacy features on the old R1 firmware which also tested the line with the Internet Diagnosis feature (please bring the Internet Diagnosis feature back).

I would also find it really convenient to be able to test LAN speeds given its so often we hear of all these amazing 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz numbers being thrown around on advertisement of routers but find it hard to test in reality. I'm sure it would also assist some people in trouble shooting or deciding between cabled connections and wireless. I assume this may be possible with the introduction of a DumaOS App for mobiles or just through the GUI from the connected device.

Keen to hear your thoughts on this!

These are some great suggestions. I'd love to see diagnostics make a return, and there's a whole lot more diagnostic capabilities we could build when we do it. Built in speed test is also something we'd like!

We'll see where future milestones take us; 2019 will be an exciting year for new features, so keep an eye out for 1.4!