Geo-filter servers with wrong location

david

Using Xbox one, BO4 MP or League with a DunoOS R1 with latest 1.3 update.  I'm based in the UK but seem to be connecting to dedicated servers in the US but with a ping of 20ms so looks like a lot of servers still don't have the correct location details. I have used flush cloud just to confirm I'm using the latest version of the server list.

The same happening with me and its only since the BOps4 update that came out an hour or so before.

Also, I'm using old R1 firmware, NOT DumaOS.

Was having no problems before the update.

Also getting connection problems now too, shooting right at someone but hardly any hitmarkers. I think they messed something up with that update.

5 minutes ago, Ste G said:

Do you have ping assist on at 20ms?

I have mine on 30ms. Gonna try using strict mode and 'the distance circle' and hopefully won't connect me to that fake USA dedi again.

EDIT Nope, STILL only connecting me to that fake USA dedi.

Before that BOps4 update, I was only connecting to the UK dedi, been like that all day.

That's why, it will connect to a server in the USA or another region, if its showing as with in your range.

You need to put it to 0 and strict to lock it down to the area you want.

I've had it before today's up date a few times, mine stays on zero now.

10 minutes ago, Ste G said:

That's why, it will connect to a server in the USA or another region, if its showing as with in your range.

You need to put it to 0 and strict to lock it down to the area you want.

I've had it before today's up date a few times, mine stays on zero now.

But as said... we are in the UK. Impossible to connect to a USA server @ 20ms from UK.

35 minutes ago, Ste G said:

Do you have ping assist on at 20ms?

No I have ping assist disabled with home set to mid US and 1000km distance I am finding servers but they have a ping of 20ms. So obviously not in US since I'm based in UK. I was trying to force a connection to a US server to test geo-filtering was working. I cold started the xbox and BO4 to ensure I had new connections. Since the test I re-enabled ping assist - and now noticed that a lot of the servers I connect to appear to be in the US but still have a ping of 20ms.

• Administrators

We'll get a Cloud update out this week which should capture most/all changes that have been made to the game. In the meantime, use Ping Assist to allow any mislocated, low ping servers.

Optimal Settings guide here if you need it: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

• 2 years later...

how do we clear the cache of save settings for example players out side my allowed areas are not allow to connect if i allow them sometimes we get a server based on their location even though I am not allowing this in my polygon.  Then is I remove the player from the allowed list they still show up as an allowed player.   It seems to be saving setting even after I change them.  The geo-filtering seems fairly buggy.  It seems to work as indented until something in setting or data breaks it such as allowed server and or players.  How can we reset the Geo-filtering options?

• Administrators
18 hours ago, DFAN said:

how do we clear the cache of save settings for example players out side my allowed areas are not allow to connect if i allow them sometimes we get a server based on their location even though I am not allowing this in my polygon.  Then is I remove the player from the allowed list they still show up as an allowed player.   It seems to be saving setting even after I change them.  The geo-filtering seems fairly buggy.  It seems to work as indented until something in setting or data breaks it such as allowed server and or players.  How can we reset the Geo-filtering options?

They will be servers misclassified as peers which is why you get a server there once you have allowed it. You can let us know about the misclassified servers using this form and we can correct it: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/29742-found-mislocated-servers-let-us-know-here/ 

As you've already allowed the connection you will need to be fully severed from that connection for it no longer to be allowed. Easiest way of doing this leave the game and wait 2 minutes before searching again