Help with dialing in geo filter

so lately with the geo filter enabled i can not catch a decent game for the life of me. ping is in between 60-80 to 100-200 with it on. no matter where i put my home pin. i live in Los Angeles Ca USA. it feels better if i put the home pin in Europe (Dublin to be spacific) i get the best connection 12 to 30 but after this last bo4 update a week or so ago its just been total crap. if i turn off the geo filter ill catch a awesome game here and there connection wize. i took a screenshot of the auto ping in the last game i played. i would be 4 to 7 rounds into someone and ill just get melted. i switched from fios internet to spectrum about a month ago and the connection is way better to the last update that just dropped but like i mentioned with geo filter off sometime i catch those 12 ping games again but geo filter on nothing better then 60 plus

spectrum internet 400 / 20

netduma first with only my xbox connected to it then the spectrum router and everything else connected to spectrum router

here are some screenshots

Clipboard01.jpg

gf1.jpg

QOS.jpg

Qos2.jpg

Qos3.jpg

dm.jpg

nm.jpg

ns.jpg

• Netduma Staff

If you're laying bullets into someone and they're just sponging it, or the hit detection is completely off, then that'll be the lag comp getting borked. Lag comp is something they're always tweaking so I'm not surprised a BO4 update broke it.

The first screenshot tells an awesome story of the Geo-Filter working in your favour, so honestly if that's how it looks all the time then the Geo-Filter is doing the best it can for the game. Those local servers are exactly what you want. If that screenshot isn't representative though, have you tried out using Ping Assist only? (To do that, set it to maybe 40ms then set your home location in the ocean with Distance set as small as possible). How does that work for you?

thank you for your feed back i will try that, 2 more question when i run speed test and i have qos disabled i get low readings 91 / 15 if i disconnect the netduma r1 and i run the spectrum modem first its gives me over 400 and over 20. my other question is spectrum supports ipv6 and supposedly that's better for gaming if supported?

st.jpg

ipv6.jpg

• Administrators

Are those low readings with IPv6 enabled? If so what do you get without? By disabled do you mean from Anti-Bufferbloat's three line options? 

I don't think you will get much benefit using IPv6 over IPv4 to be honest. 

not that im aware of, i dont see that option anywhere in the duma os settings? do you feel the os before duma os is more solid and faster connection then duma os i feel i beta tested enough and it might be time to roll back since now its really affecting my game play

• Administrators

It's on the WAN side, under network. 

On the Device Manager table view under link speed what do you get for the PoE port and the one for your device?

I wouldn't say so no, if QoS is disabled completely then it usually indicates an issue upstream. 

• Administrators

Okay so in settings confirmed PPPoE isn't in use?

Yes that all looks fine. I'm assuming this will be set correctly but just to rule it out could you make sure your ethernet adapter is set to 1000 mbps full duplex please: https://www.home-network-help.com/speed-and-duplex.html

nope no pppoe and in settings for my network card its set to auto but even my xbox gives me the same readings. and if i completely disable qos the xbox will read a little higher but still in the mid 200's and if i turn it back on and set the sliders to 100 and give the xbox one all 100 of the allocation its gets a lower reading 130.23 for down 14.52 for upload and latency is 26ms which is higher normally its around 12 to 18

just noticed under bandwidth allocation you can click on the device then set the bandwidth for that device. looks like by default its set to 7mb should that be changed? And do i need to add my xbox to the traffic prioritization section?

sdb.jpg

• Administrators

No that's fine, likely because of the Anti-Bufferbloat settings you have but as long as share excess is enabled it's fine.

I've just noticed from your original screenshots that you have A LOT of port forwarding rules. Including for port 80 to the Xbox. That's the standard internet port so I'm not surprised you're receiving lower speeds through a PC but higher on the console. You don't need to port forward those lower ports under 1024 really. Please could you remove your port forwarding rules and try again.

Same it didn’t do anything at all. I just did a factory reset and same readings. I also just put my spectrum modem in front and it’s hitting 426mb down 26 mb up. lol this is driving me crazy 

the netduma or the new spectrum modem and router. i cant connect to the spectrum modem its like the oqt or what ever from fios but i can mess with the setting on the spectrum router

daisy chain:

1 spectrum modem

2 net duma

3 xbox one x / spectrum router

4 everything else in my house connects to the spectrum router

Sorry i left out i have my laptop hardwired into the r1 when im doing the speed test

and not to get off topic i wanted to make sure the r1 was even working so i set up home pin to the dublin server with 500ml and a ping assist but it looks like nothing but people west coast US are connecting still

gf2.jpg

• Netduma Staff

With Ping Assist on I'm not surprised by that screenshot - if you set Ping Assist to 0ms with Strict Mode enabled then you won't see those results.

Apparently the Xbox maxes out at different speeds dependent on location, since it receives a cap from the Microsoft server itself. There's good reason for the cap; it frees up resources for gaming. It's among the many reasons why console speed-tests are inaccurate though.

I don't actually think we've properly clarified this - apologies if we have - but what are your speeds wired to the laptop with QoS disabled?

but why would it only read half on the laptop when its hardwired or the xbox in general? i pay for 400 down 20 up? like i mentioned in previous post if i put the spectrum modem first it reads over 400mb down and over 20mb up. can you please provide the correct steps so the netduma report the full speed im paying