Set Bandwidth

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure I can help :)

Please do the following. Select "Congestion Control", at the top in the "Anti-Flood" section click "Set Bandwidth". Then you can fill in the entries there and click "Update Bandwidth." 

If that doesn't work please let me know what device and web browser you are using. Thanks

Btw once you do get it working make sure to choose reactive algorithm not pre-emptive. 

Preemptive is more processing intensive so unfortunately it can't handle speeds above around 60mbits

yebs my down load is 100 so its above range of preemptive bot my upload is in range of it so i am confused whitch should i refer to

Guest Netduma Luke

yebs my down load is 100 so its above range of preemptive bot my upload is in range of it so i am confused whitch should i refer to

We recommend you use reactive as your download will be restricted if you use preemptive.

Hope that helps.

We recommend you use reactive as your download will be restricted if you use preemptive.

Hope that helps.

shure bot before r1 i woes using my full net speed and many times i woes in disadvantage due to lag compensation system so i woes using trothling my net to slower speeds and 7 out of 10 games that woes evening things out

Guest Netduma Luke

shure bot before r1 i woes using my full net speed and many times i woes in disadvantage due to lag compensation system so i woes using trothling my net to slower speeds and 7 out of 10 games that woes evening things out

Throttling it to achieve lower speeds for lag compensation is an almighty can of worms that I am  going to steer clear of. However I will say that anti-flood is designed purely to eliminate congestion on your network and that is all we would recommend it is used for.

Throttling it to achieve lower speeds for lag compensation is an almighty can of worms that I am  going to steer clear of. However I will say that anti-flood is designed purely to eliminate congestion on your network and that is all we would recommend it is used for.

can you explain why throtlling is a bad thing

Guest Netduma Luke

I'm not going to pass comment on whether it is a good or a bad thing as it's such a can of worms. I do recommend thought that Anti-flood is used for congestion control as that is its purpose.

Well there are two sides to this argument.

1st Side:

QoS or Congestion Control (netduma): Using this normally causes some additional router processing and lowers the maximum speed available to any one user.  Meaning if no one is doing anything and I download on a direct wired connection I won't reach my connections maximum speed.

However, it works really well when you have a wife or kids that don't understand that opening 6 youtube videos at the same time takes a lot of bandwidth.

2nd Side:

You can normally on a client per client limit the programs that would MAX out your internet (torrents, UseNet, etc) this is true for almost everything and thereby is the preferred method when you have a tech savvy household.  However, if they use Youtube or Netflix or Hulu....well you are out of luck and might lag.

Hm nice info my net is 100 up 6 down and its used for my girlfriend phone my phone one pc watching youtube and some http my consol and pc. Runing netduma

Archived