Optimal settings for Destiny 2 clarification

sealios

Hello, I've read quite a few threads here - and read commentary/suggestions by multiple owners of the Netduma R1. however, I would like the admins to clarify what settings should be to optimize Destiny 2 PVP gameplay (please)? Some of the settings im unclear on are:  do we want UPNP enabled or not?  I read we should be in 'spectating mode' as opposed to 'filtering mode'.  If we run in spectating mode - does this remove the router's ability to select for players/server within the radius of the geofilter? I guess im unclear how spectating mode differs from filtering mode with regards to PVP.  My antibufferbloat is set to 'always' with 75% upload and download dedicated to PS4.  Traffic prioritization set to 'DUMAOS classified games'. Please let me know if I should change any of these settings.

-like others have mentioned, I also have noticed an increase in Baboon and Weasel errors.  In fact, when matchmaking and/or going from orbit to the tower - if I am in my character menu - I can pretty much guarantee I'll get kicked back to orbit with a Baboon or Weasel error.  Not sure on the significance or direct correlation of that - but I'm superstitious now to STAY OUT of menu when matchmaking :P

I'm on AT&T Fiber connection with 1GB Up and down.  However, my Playstation pro IS connected via WiFi.  My geofilter is set to 2035km (most of US).  My location is Texas. I have experimented in both spectating and filtering modes, definitely more kicks in filtering mode.

Please let me know what settings are best for Destiny 2 PVP - much appreciated. Thank you

• Netduma Staff

Hi Sealios, welcome to the forum! I play Destiny 2 myself (hyped AF for Gambit Prime :D ) so lets figure out the best settings for you.

First off, the most important setting for D2 by a mile is Strict mode OFF. If that's on, authentication servers getting blocked is the primary cause of disconnects in D2. If you already have it off, there'll be something else getting blocked that shouldn't be. You should be fine to use Filtering Mode; many D2 players swear by it, but you gotta' make sure nothing is getting blocked that shouldn't be.

On your Geo-Filter, zoom out all the way and check out what's happening. Make sure you're in Quickplay when you're testing (or you can risk being penalised in Competitive etc). Do you see anything getting blocked when you get disconnected? If you do, they might need to be added to the Allow list, or you might need to increase your radius or use Ping Assist.

All this being said, it could be that matchmaking has changed a bit now that the new season is coming. I'll try to find out!

Hi Jack, thank you for the response!  I DID have strict mode selected! for some reason - I didn't remember that strict mode was different than 'filtering'...after reading your response I looked closer and sure enough - selected! thank you for clarifying that!!😎   Gambit prime tomorrow!!!!Get ready!

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, sealios said:

Hi Jack, thank you for the response!  I DID have strict mode selected! for some reason - I didn't remember that strict mode was different than 'filtering'...after reading your response I looked closer and sure enough - selected! thank you for clarifying that!!😎   Gambit prime tomorrow!!!!Get ready!

Boom! It should work perfectly now, but let us know if you have any more issues. Just don't make your settings too 'tight' with the Geo-Filter for D2 - every game is different, and generally on D2 it's worth having a slightly bigger radius than a game like CoD, for example.

I hope if works out buddy, good luck with Gambit Prime :D