No internet connection ☹️

Moxyone

Hi to anyone who reads this,

I have a netduma r1 which I purchased over a year ago and it was probably one of the greatest things I've ever bought tbh. 

I had it connect up to my isp (BT) and it worked wonders! It was so simple to set up. However...

I changed my isp to virgin and got the vivid hub 3.0 a few months back, put the hub 3 into modem mode and connected the r1 to it (the same way I did when I was with BT) and nothing works?

I can connect to the r1 but it constantly says "no internet connection" 

I'm not smart at this kind of stuff and it is so frustrating as I love the r1 and at the moment it is just sat there collecting dust.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me with this

Cheers 

have you performed a factory reset of the R1 since swapping over to virgin? If not, then you should do that first!

Keep us up to date on how it goes! Please do not create multiple threads regarding the same issue as it gets harder to keep track, your other post was removed!

18 hours ago, Moxyone said:

Hi to anyone who reads this,

I have a netduma r1 which I purchased over a year ago and it was probably one of the greatest things I've ever bought tbh. 

I had it connect up to my isp (BT) and it worked wonders! It was so simple to set up. However...

I changed my isp to virgin and got the vivid hub 3.0 a few months back, put the hub 3 into modem mode and connected the r1 to it (the same way I did when I was with BT) and nothing works?

I can connect to the r1 but it constantly says "no internet connection" 

I'm not smart at this kind of stuff and it is so frustrating as I love the r1 and at the moment it is just sat there collecting dust.

Thank you in advance for anyone who can help me with this

Cheers 

Well, isnt Virgin a telecomminucations company? Meaning it should be DSL even if it is fiber optic, which would mean you would need to enable ppoe? Also wouldnt you have a differnt user and password? I had service via telecommunications provider and i know that was a thing back then and i assume its the same idea just over fiber instead. Also i think there are usually settings within a modem that have to match that of the exchange in order to function properly. I dont know how virgin is setup, but maybe you could give them a ring and make sure. But definitely do as big dog suggested as well. I dont think its as simple as plug and play like it would be with a cable company or something.

• Administrators

Hi Moxy - just saw this. I will move the thread to support so you get faster responses.

One thing to look out for is that some Virgin modem's have a particular ethernet port for 'modem mode', and it's easy to miss. So take a look on the modem and see if yours has one. If it does, you need to connect the R1 to this port.