Router Interface really slow

DanologyUK

I usually connect to my router via Chrome but its really slow to load after putting in my Username and Password. I thought id try in Firefox as well but i get the same load times. Is there anything else i can try rather than "Reset the router"

I use chrome as well, most of the time i dont ususally have issues, but i know what you mean when you say it feels slow cuz sometimes after a while of being on it does seem slower until you reboot. sadly i dont think theres a fix for this right now. The router was not made for such a fancy UI even if it really is polished looking. The CPU in these mikrotiks are pretty crappy tbh and they tend to get overloaded really easily. They should of kept Duma OS a little more simple I think. Even Tomato OS looks nice and clean without being boring and you can even install that on the crappiest of routers with no issues.

• Netduma Staff
On 3/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, DanologyUK said:

I usually connect to my router via Chrome but its really slow to load after putting in my Username and Password. I thought id try in Firefox as well but i get the same load times. Is there anything else i can try rather than "Reset the router"

I'd start with the device you're using to access it. How long do you reckon it takes to load, if you count it? Could be standard behaviour or it could be an issue.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:53 PM, bbursley said:

I use chrome as well, most of the time i dont ususally have issues, but i know what you mean when you say it feels slow cuz sometimes after a while of being on it does seem slower until you reboot. sadly i dont think theres a fix for this right now. The router was not made for such a fancy UI even if it really is polished looking. The CPU in these mikrotiks are pretty crappy tbh and they tend to get overloaded really easily. They should of kept Duma OS a little more simple I think. Even Tomato OS looks nice and clean without being boring and you can even install that on the crappiest of routers with no issues.

Idk bbursley, you shouldn't underestimate the R1! We built DumaOS for the R1 originally, knowing the CPU can handle it. You'll only max it out when something intense like a speed test is happening, other than that DumaOS is extremely streamlined. Hopefully over time we can make it even more efficient :D