Wifi drops a lot on my phones

AzeRuS94

Hello, since a lot of time, the wifi of my 2 phones at house (s7 edge and iphone 8 plus) wifi drop a lot. I tried to reset the phones, reset the netduma r1 but nothing, I heard a lot of put manually an ip for my two devices but I don't know how to do it, if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. 

24 minutes ago, RehivaE said:

Hello, since a lot of time, the wifi of my 2 phones at house (s7 edge and iphone 8 plus) wifi drop a lot. I tried to reset the phones, reset the netduma r1 but nothing, I heard a lot of put manually an ip for my two devices but I don't know how to do it, if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. 

It could be a cause of you and a neighboring person using the same wifi channel. If you have an android phone there is a tool to detect nearby router channels being used. Figure out what they are using and try to change your channel accordingly. For example, if you and  a neighbor are using channel 7, switch your channel to something like 1 or 2, where neighboring channels in that spectrum wont interfere and cause a drop out. Another thing to consider is distance or things in between you and the router. If the channel issue isnt a cause then consider that distance. If distance is the issue consider setting up a repeater or access points. I think one thing that can also cause poor performance is having a router plugged into a strip of many other power hungry devices. Since routers can require less power, the heavy power consuming devices are going to draw harder and therefore cause your router to have less of the power it needs, this may cause devices (such as a transmitter) to drop out or have poor ability to broadcast.

Is there an option to reserve an IP under the device manager? I’m not at my router otherwise I could help you a lot more. I’d look somewhere where there’s a device manager or under the settings and network area under dhcp. Usually there is a method to set an IP to static. I know it the old firmware you could do it.

2 minutes ago, bbursley said:

Is there an option to reserve an IP under the device manager? I’m not at my router otherwise I could help you a lot more. I’d look somewhere where there’s a device manager or under the settings and network area under dhcp. Usually there is a method to set an IP to static. I know it the old firmware you could do it.

Yes there is an option, but what I do? I simply change the ip to one I want and that isn't already in use??

• Administrators

Go to the Device Manager and make a note of the IP addresses for those devices. Next go to Settings on the LAN panel. Under DHCP you can see your devices listed, tick the devices and then enter the IP addresses you noted before and then apply. Let us know how you get on after that.

this just happened to me last night two times. Everything would stream fine then all of a sudden it said I had no internet connection (but i really did) It was definitely R1 side because a reboot fixed it only temporarially. I feel like its related to something in the Qos. I just dont know what because i didnt see the logs when it happened to record it.

• Administrators

If you look under Traffic Prioritization do you see a lot of high priority packets for download and upload, download specifically? If so that could indicate there is high bandwidth applications being prioritized which could cause issues.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
6 hours ago, petersmith69 said:

hey,

i am facing the same issue since 6 8 months. rebooting router or restarting my cell phone works for me. but i still can't find the permanent solution for this. your answers helped me to overcome this issue. thankyou!!!

Great to hear that and welcome to the forum! Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to help!

hey,

i am using iphone 7 and i also face the similar issue. randomly my wifi drops randomly on my phone. and it's still working on other phones and laptops. i have to restart my phone every time to get connected to wifi again. i came across this thread and  read and used  TechyHost ,it was helpful to me for the same. thank you so much all for sharing your answers!!

best regards!!

• Administrators
On 4/12/2019 at 5:35 PM, ryanjenson90 said:

hey,

i am using iphone 7 and i also face the similar issue. randomly my wifi drops randomly on my phone. and it's still working on other phones and laptops. i have to restart my phone every time to get connected to wifi again. i came across this thread and i was helpful to me for the same. thank you so much all for sharing your answers!!

best regards!!

Hello, welcome to the forum! Did you manage to resolve your issue?

On 2/26/2019 at 7:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Go to the Device Manager and make a note of the IP addresses for those devices. Next go to Settings on the LAN panel. Under DHCP you can see your devices listed, tick the devices and then enter the IP addresses you noted before and then apply. Let us know how you get on after that.

Hello, the wifi still dropping on my phone and I followed all the steps.

• 11 months later...
On 2/26/2019 at 10:30 PM, bbursley said:

It could be a cause of you and a neighboring person using the same wifi channel. If you have an android phone there is a tool to detect nearby router channels being used. Figure out what they are using and try to change your channel accordingly. For example, if you and  a neighbor are using channel 7, switch your channel to something like 1 or 2, where neighboring channels in that spectrum wont interfere and cause a drop out. Another thing to consider is distance or things in between you and the router. If the channel issue isnt a cause then consider that distance. If distance is the issue consider setting up a repeater or access points. I think one thing see here that can also cause poor performance is having a router plugged into a strip of many other power hungry devices. Since routers can require less power, the heavy power consuming devices are going to draw harder and therefore cause your router to have less of the power it needs, this may cause devices (such as a transmitter) to drop out or have poor ability to broadcast.

My Iphone which i only use as a camera and ipod has somehow updated itself and is now only useful as a coffee coaster. 150 gig of music trapped on a useless piece of *****..

2 hours ago, OliviaGardiner said:

My Iphone which i only use as a camera and ipod has somehow updated itself and is now only useful as a coffee coaster. 150 gig of music trapped on a useless piece of *****..

Turn auto updates off, with Apple you always need to turn them off as they have a nasty habit of doing stuff that you don’t want to lose .

Guest Killhippie
14 hours ago, OliviaGardiner said:

I take it you have a backup? What version of iOS are you using and do yoiu have a mac running at least High Sierra? If so do a DFU restore. Turn off Auto updates and make sure you manually update yourself. https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201263