Apex Legends is now Geo-Filter Compatible!

• Administrators

Hi Duma Army,

All DumaOS users can now use your Geo-Filter to guarantee the best connection in Apex Legends game. See this guide to get setup

Please let us know your experience in this thread so we can continue to optimise DumaOS for all Apex Legends players.

Thanks,

The ND Team

• Administrators

Thanks for letting us know - we probably need to add more authentication servers to our permanent whitelist (we will do this today).

When you boot up the game, could you make your range a little larger and include St Louis in there too. This should then always give you a US Central server.

Let us know how you get on after trying this please.

no i cant i keep getting the 1 counting to 9 then it says cant connect to ea servers i can only connect when i quit the game and put specting mode on

its like it sometimes will go past the 1-9 connecting put me into the pre lobby but then as soon as i click ready then attempt go into a match it says cant connect to ea servers or something like that 

Capture.PNGapexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.PNG

• Administrators

Thanks for the feedback guys. We've got two fixes on the way that should improve both the issues encountered here (joining the initial lobby, forcing the best server in the US).

We'll update this post once they have been rolled out.

19 hours ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

i opened up to saint louis and its working so far

edit never mind it kicked me out to the 1 to 9 connecting again haha 

This happens to me with black ops 4 sometimes. I find that I have to load up using spectate mode first, then try to find a lobby. It kicks me out sometimes (which is okay since id rather take the better lobbies anyways). I find that ill get kicked out a few times in a row and then eventually ill connect to a dedicated server according to my ping specifications 25 or less (the guide says 30 and that may work best as well). I only use a radius with strict off (that way it connects outside of it if it meets ping assists requirements), I have not tried apex legends though, but with most games it usually works well. As long as ping assist is aggressive anyways. Ill have to try Apex and see what happens. If I don't load up before using the filtering I tend to not even be able to connect to the servers to play online at all. I will get an error similar to what you are saying minus the counting part.

Edited by bbursley

6 hours ago, Dethrone_v2 said:

Hey, I am currently playing APL on the PS4 and I love in upstate or South Carolina. He I have not seen one server close to me and u have followsm all 9d the directions give.

Have you tried just leaving strict off and setting ping assist instead? I find this allows me to connect to lobbies (more often than not) that are within that ping requirement even if they are outside of the radius (which is okay!). Try setting it to 30 like the guide says, I know for me the closest common dedi i get is 25 ms so i can typically leave it to that, but your experience may vary depending on server location and your location. I cant imagine it would be much further in ms than that, unless your connection was bad.

4 hours ago, bbursley said:

Have you tried just leaving strict off and setting ping assist instead? I find this allows me to connect to lobbies (more often than not) that are within that ping requirement even if they are outside of the radius (which is okay!). Try setting it to 30 like the guide says, I know for me the closest common dedi i get is 25 ms so i can typically leave it to that, but your experience may vary depending on server location and your location. I cant imagine it would be much further in ms than that, unless your connection was bad.

Alright ill give that a try and let everyone know thanks for the tip

1 minute ago, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

Alright ill give that a try and let everyone know thanks for the tip

I just assume that this should work in theory, as it usually does for me. I reserve strict mode only if/when a game keeps forcing me on a host I dont want to be on. USUALLY it works, sometimes its a matter of having the cloud updated, I also think sometimes the servers dont have enough local players to fill and it moves you onto the next one unless you use strict, but that really shouldn't happen on current games. I dont know why sometimes it will block authentication servers, probably just because the netduma team hasn't gotten to whitelisting them. I guess those things just take time. Good luck though.

On 2/27/2019 at 11:03 AM, bbursley said:

I am still having issues finding dedicated servers, I have followed of the instructions you provided correctly or at least I think have and I have also tried different combinations of geo filter options. My location is in South Carolina and all I keep getting is peer host type with high ping. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Dethrone_v2 said:

I am still having issues finding dedicated servers, I have followed of the instructions you provided correctly or at least I think have and I have also tried different combinations of geo filter options. My location is in South Carolina and all I keep getting is peer host type with high ping. 

Apologies - we were not able to push the fix yesterday. It will be going out today. I'll confirm in this thread once it's out. Please try again after this.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Sci0n said:

using the Geo-filter wont change the fact the game has a poor netcode -

1646383536_Screenshot_2019-03-04Geo-Filter-DumaOS.thumb.png.7f5e9f05acef977678848501ad7916c6.pngSci0n_ApexLegends_20190304_12-23-21.thumb.png.c2a5e249d9988d0612e62ac278185cef.png

How often do you get this? It looks like the Geo-Filter correctly blocked a US server - but you should get European servers most of the time right?