Netduma r1 + fritzbox cable 6490

e32iL

Hallo zusammen,

bräuchte eure Hilfe wie ich mein Netzwerk verkabeln sollte. Ich bin bei Unitymedia und besitze die fritzbox 6490 den ich auch im Bridge Modus laufen lassen kann. Internetdose ist im Wohnzimmer von dort habe ich einen Kabel ins Dachgeschoss verlegt wo auch meine ps4 ist. Leider habe ich ein schwaches wlan oben darum möchte ich meinen netgear r7800 als access point oben benutzen. Meine Fragen wären:

1. Soll ich den netduma im Wohnzimmer lassen und oben einen switch benutzen für die ps4 und accespoint da ja nur 1 Kabel verlegt wurde?

2. Oder accespoint weglassen. Port 2 von der fritzbox als Bridge Modus einstellen und netduma im Dachgeschoss benutzen.

Ich brauche oben und unten eine wlan Verbindung. Zudem habe ich auch einen smart tv welches im Wohnzimmer mit dem Internet verbunden sein muss.

Ich möchte dem r1 eine Chance geben hatte den xr500 hat mir aber nicht so gefallen da einige Runden trotzdem gelaggt haben. Deshalb habe ich es wieder zurück geschickt.

Danke voraus 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You still may experience some lag online depending on how good the server is/P2P etc. Networking is complicated and there will always be variables out of your control. You won't get perfect games every time but we increase that likelihood but giving you the best connection within your control.

I would probably go with option 1 and the fritzbox in bridge mode. As the R7800 WiFi is stronger you will want to utilise that.

39 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You still may experience some lag online depending on how good the server is/P2P etc. Networking is complicated and there will always be variables out of your control. You won't get perfect games every time but we increase that likelihood but giving you the best connection within your control.

I would probably go with option 1 and the fritzbox in bridge mode. As the R7800 WiFi is stronger you will want to utilise that.

ok fraser will try it that way. I would not put the xr500 bad but it was not really better than the fritzbox. I think my ISP has changed something since I have changed from 120/6 mb to 400 / 20mbbit it runs worse. many thanks

On 2/23/2019 at 2:57 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You're welcome, let us know how you get on and if you have any further questions. It shouldn't be the case if setup correctly

So today I got the r1. is running very well so far. but only get around the 70-90 mbit of 400. even if qos is off. will test it again tonight maybe there is only a disturbing.

• Netduma Staff
51 minutes ago, e32iL said:

So today I got the r1. is running very well so far. but only get around the 70-90 mbit of 400. even if qos is off. will test it again tonight maybe there is only a disturbing.

It should be able to handle higher than that; is that on a wired PC? The likely cause is either PPPoE, running the speed test on a device that can't handle high speeds (like a console), or running the test on WiFi.

58 minutes ago, Netduma Jack said:

It should be able to handle higher than that; is that on a wired PC? The likely cause is either PPPoE, running the speed test on a device that can't handle high speeds (like a console), or running the test on WiFi.

yes directly with cable at netduma 70-90 Mbit. on the ps4 on speedtest.net 50 mbit. I use a cable modem modem / router combination. I switched off wireless at that. lan2 set as a bridge from lan2 it goes to netduma. should I turn off the DHCP on the modem / router? can i change the language at r1 dumaos to German? Did not find it

• Administrators

Don't worry about the console at the moment, just focus on the wired PC test. What category of ethernet cables are you using? Do you have any devices connected to the modem/router at all? Can you change the modem/router to modem mode? We don't have translation on the R1 version of DumaOS at the moment.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't worry about the console at the moment, just focus on the wired PC test. What category of ethernet cables are you using? Do you have any devices connected to the modem/router at all? Can you change the modem/router to modem mode? We don't have translation on the R1 version of DumaOS at the moment.

cat 5e. it is back to normal. have now with qos 198 mbit. Its very good now. 

Thanks