Destiny 2 PS4 PVP

morgs91

Hey team,

Just looking for some assistance, I live in Australia and basically every single game I am matched up with Japanese lobbies. Not exactly sure what to do because i've tried everything i can think of.....

As you can see in the pic below, geo filter set around Australia, Ping assist is set to 50 yet I am still matching up with lobbies in Japan at over 250ms. This is in quick play where SBMM is limited but the problem is amplified in comp as basically every game I'm matched with teams on the otherside of the world ( I understand this may have something to do with the recent MM changes also) Strict is off in this example because i find i'll get kicked from games if I use it. 

any suggestions?

geo.thumb.jpg.24ef467bb7d22988c677cca06321ec35.jpg

• Administrators

That's very strange. It's like the Geo-Filter is not working at all. Three questions:

1. If you set Ping Assist to 0, do you then block these connections?
  2. What firmware version are you on (click the 'i' in top right corner to find out quickly)
  3. What have you selected in the Device panel at the very top?

23 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

That's very strange. It's like the Geo-Filter is not working at all. Three questions:

1. If you set Ping Assist to 0, do you then block these connections?
  2. What firmware version are you on (click the 'i' in top right corner to find out quickly)
  3. What have you selected in the Device panel at the very top?

Tested with basically the same results.... maybe a little better with ping assist off

geo2.jpg

• Administrators

I just saw someone else had a similar issue to you and a factory reset solved it. Could you try this please and it should hopefully be ok after that: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000084263-how-to-factory-reset-the-netduma-r1-using-dumaos

• Administrators

The ping assist set to 0 doesn't seem to have applied in your screenshot so it's still active. Hard turn off/completely shut down the console (no rest/instant on mode), delete the device from the Geo-Filter, flush the cloud, set your Ping Assist to 0 and adjust your radius/location settings if necessary. Wait 2 minutes then boot up console and game. If it worked you shouldn't see any icons outside your radius with dashed circles around them.

I did all of this and it is still happening, it is better but still happening. I have also noticed that the amount of Beaver and Bee errors have increased. I should note that ping assist is still on 0 and strict is off.

• Administrators

So you're still getting ping assisted players outside your radius? 

When you get one of these errors look on the map, do you see anything blocked? If so please provide us with the ID and we can check it, may be something we need to do in the cloud.

Same. As you know I’ve been up all night doing my research ... I ran 4-5 matches in strict with 0 ping assist.. and peers were being auto pinged outside of the radius set in the US. I tried adjusting a few minor elements to see if it had any influence and kept the most important factors consistent that you’ve mentioned in numerous forums and the results were the same. 

Im going to try make my own forum post in a few days when I’m not so exhausted. Good luck