Hybrid VPN issue

charliebigchip

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, charliebigchip said:

I have an issue with the Hybrid VPN where it seems to disconnect itself and, on occasions, it completely wipes the OpenVPN script, username and password from the advanced VPN settings tab, any takers??

Do you have anything that could be blocking cookies / saved information, such as an adblocker or intensive viruscan software? I'm wondering why it'd clear your username and password... Do you reboot / reset the router often?

When it 'disconnects itself', do you lose Internet access across the network or is it just the VPN disconnecting? Are there any other config files you could use?

Hi Jack, i only lose the VPN line, the standard fibre connection is still "live". I do have an ad blocker but that is disabled for my Duma's URL. Have not rebooted the router since i upgraded to duma OS and i will try another script from airVPN, ill let you know. 

Cheers 

Hi Fraser, i haven't waited for it to time out to be fair. I go to my computer, turn on the VPN via DumaOS, do what i need to do then when i return its disconnected and sometimes (rarely) the script, username and password has scuttled off somewhere.  One of AirVPN's selling points is that there is no time limit so i don't think its disconnecting their end due to inactivity? I will try another script from AirVPN and let you know. 

Cheers 

• Netduma Staff
15 hours ago, charliebigchip said:

Hi Fraser, i haven't waited for it to time out to be fair. I go to my computer, turn on the VPN via DumaOS, do what i need to do then when i return its disconnected and sometimes (rarely) the script, username and password has scuttled off somewhere.  One of AirVPN's selling points is that there is no time limit so i don't think its disconnecting their end due to inactivity? I will try another script from AirVPN and let you know. 

Cheers 

Cheers for letting us know what you're going to try. Maybe it's a lil' bug we need to stomp out, I'll make sure our developers are aware of it. Hybrid VPN is still a very new feature so over time I can see this issue disappearing :)