NordVPN Support / .OVPN

Hello Netduma Team.

Here is something for the "to-do" or "consideration" list, would you be able to add .OVPN support so we could just use that without having fill in majority of the details and add support for NordVPN service as well? :) 

On 2/19/2019 at 6:40 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you clarify a bit on your first point please? All you need to do is enter the OVPN config file in and put in your user/password.

Yeah thats definitely something we could do!

So, instead of uploading an .opvn file, for different locations just put the username and password of any VPN provider? 

Yeah be glad to see Nordvpn included. 

• Administrators

I don't understand. You need to have a subscription to a VPN provider that supports OpenVPN. If it's not HMA or PureVPN then you will need to enter the config file manually and put in your username/password for that service

On 2/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't understand. You need to have a subscription to a VPN provider that supports OpenVPN. If it's not HMA or PureVPN then you will need to enter the config file manually and put in your username/password for that service

Sorry my mistake, I'll try to explain again...

Basically what Im requesting 1 of 2 things, that you add supoort for .opvn files, essentially meaning if a VPN such as NordVPN which support different servers in the same country the end user wants to be able to download that .opvn config file goto to the Hybrib VPN option and able to upload that .opvn configuration file to the router, hence adding a "browse" button to essentially make it OpenVPN friendly, the .opvn config would contain all server, keys and username and password information with a few single clicks hence the elimination of having to enter credentials in manually as of the current firmware revision, sorry it was me and i didn't explain it clearly.

Secondly I would like to see another VPN provider added "NordVPN".

Confirm that you now understand my request. 😀

• Administrators
1 hour ago, muffintastic said:

Sorry my mistake, I'll try to explain again...

Basically what Im requesting 1 of 2 things, that you add supoort for .opvn files, essentially meaning if a VPN such as NordVPN which support different servers in the same country the end user wants to be able to download that .opvn config file goto to the Hybrib VPN option and able to upload that .opvn configuration file to the router, hence adding a "browse" button to essentially make it OpenVPN friendly, the .opvn config would contain all server, keys and username and password information with a few single clicks hence the elimination of having to enter credentials in manually as of the current firmware revision, sorry it was me and i didn't explain it clearly.

Secondly I would like to see another VPN provider added "NordVPN".

Confirm that you now understand my request. 😀

You can already do that (upload your ovpn file)! Just click the advanced option - full guide here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn