This server in the wrong place?

This is on halo mcc and this server is usa east I did a Domain to ip scan and it came back saying the server is from Australia I don't know if its Geo filter bug or something?

Untitled.png.2f9425e31b608cdbf758f43bd854450e.png

My guess is Netduma needs to update the Geo filter for the mcc and halo5 because I get the same bug as you call it.. Both games return similar results.. Tripper do you live in the US? 

Zippy.

2 hours ago, Zippy said:

My guess is Netduma needs to update the Geo filter for the mcc and halo5 because I get the same bug as you call it.. Both games return similar results.. Tripper do you live in the US? 

Zippy.

no I live in the uk

56 minutes ago, Tripper said:

no I live in the uk

Okay cool that's what I had thought.. I noticed in the ping graph that the server had a 105ms ping.. Strange thing is I get about a 105 ms ping when I ping servers in your area from the US.. So I was just wondering how that server is showing Australia.. When I ping severs in Australia my pings are much higher then 105. Was wondering if you happened to ping any servers over in Australia yourself to see if you get any that have pings close to 105ms? I get this issue a lot on ms azure data centers. None seem to be very accurate..  And I think the reason we get such weird server look ups is because the way Halo games are coded.. Neither H5 or the MCC are region locked. And if anything they allow any ping in a game now.. They use to sync players up with similar pings but no longer do this. Its a free for all now.. Have you pinged azure data centers around the world to see if you get any that show up with 105ms? If I can find that link I will post it..

• Netduma Staff

Hi guys - it's likely a mislocated server. Stuff like this is getting much more rare as we're using a far more comprehensive cloud database now. It'll only get better this year :)

If you use Ping Assist instead of your Distance radius, are you able to connect to low ping games?

9 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hi guys - it's likely a mislocated server. Stuff like this is getting much more rare as we're using a far more comprehensive cloud database now. It'll only get better this year :)

If you use Ping Assist instead of your Distance radius, are you able to connect to low ping games?

Thanks Jack! :)