router password - no special characters?

willphule

I just upgraded to the latest beta from 1.03.6j. 

I went to change my router password back to what I had it set to prior to the upgrade and at the first special character I type it says "invalid password". It appears that any special character that requires the shift key is disallowed? Hoping this is a bug, but looking for clarification... Thanks!

• Administrators

Hmm, I would have thought we would have tested this to make sure it works. Could you provide an example of a character which it will not accept? We will then try to test this ourselves. Thanks

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, willphule said:

I just upgraded to the latest beta from 1.03.6j. 

I went to change my router password back to what I had it set to prior to the upgrade and at the first special character I type it says "invalid password". It appears that any special character that requires the shift key is disallowed? Hoping this is a bug, but looking for clarification... Thanks!

The same happened to me, but the issue was not any characters... it was the fact that the installation of the upgrade resets the password to a default, which is not the R1 1.3.6j documented default, but yet another (of DumaOS).

See: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087578-upgrading-to-a-newer-version-of-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1

I used those defaults and managed to enter.

If it does not work, do a hard-reset at your R1 and try the defaults again.

BTW, if you are going to set an admin password into DumaOS, it is not accepting more than 16 characters... in my 1.03.6j (original) I had a 20 character password.

Regards.