Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 Ping assist problem...

dizzeespellz

Geo filter is working fine but i'd rather use the ping assist, I've set it to 25 but I connected to guys from Italy a lot and they're all like 100 ping
I don't want to block Italy out because theres some good connections also Romania etc have solid connections and don't want to block these too.
Have I done something wrong?

HELP ME :)

5a404de2cfc68d17a90518cad040f487.png

• Administrators

Ping Assist works great - very well tested. But the way it works is it allows everyone below the ping number who are OUTSIDE your range. So it's 'assisting' the main Geo-Filter.

You can use it as a Ping Filter if you like though - full guide on how to do this here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

I get this all day long with ping assist enabled. Every single dot on the world map has the "ping assist allowed" icon with the dotted lines, and that often means Americans or people from the middle east. 

How could it possibly be working if a limit of 8ms allows a Saudi or Iranian over 130ms, or someone in the US? I mean Sarasota Florida is 4400 miles away and Mashhad Iran is 4000 miles away. You can even see my ping assist setting and someone in Asia being allowed via ping assist side by side in the third screenshot. Normally I'm asked if I've ticked fast search but the answer to that is obviously no. It's even been suggested that the ping started out low and simply spiked (to a constant high level of latency?) but that seems unlikely (impossible) unless the Iranians or Americans have figured out how to smash the speed of light with their internet. Actually I'm kinda scared to imagine how dreadful matchmaking would be with fast search enabled 🤨

_20190218_011300.thumb.JPG.de56d4e8008e3e1aaa50bb9b66947c7d.JPG

Screenshot_20181229-070847.thumb.png.be9573664a1924f35b9f87d9c6789d30.pngScreenshot_20181229-070738.thumb.png.65f980e7caedc50fd74e3ee223019d9a.png

Meanwhile ping assist works flawlessly on the old firmware ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I mean it's annoying that preemptive chops off more bandwidth than the sliders would suggest, and you can't use port forwarding and the geofilter simultaneously without the GUI becoming unusable as it takes 10 minutes to load a single page, but at least the filter works well as standard. Deny/allow doesn't work for DumaOS either, and in order to use UPnP on it you have to roll back to old firmware and enable it there before reupgrading, leaving it stuck on. I'm pretty surprised these things haven't been addressed yet. Does DumaOS work out of the box on the XR routers? 

• Administrators

I've seen that before once - I'm not sure on the cause, but a factory reset should clear it and make it back to normal. Could you try that please.

• Administrators

Seriously weird. A few questions:

1. Is QoS enabled?
  2. Have you added loads of rules to your Allow and Deny list?
  3. What happens if you downgrade back to a version before Ping Assist?

8 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

1. Is QoS enabled?

Usually, on 67% always. I've turned it off at times when nothing else is connected but it doesn't make a difference, so I often end up turning the geofilter off too. 

2. Have you added loads of rules to your Allow and Deny list?

Nope, the list is clear because the few I set up before wouldn't work. I could even ban while on the server and I wouldn't be kicked, unlike on the old firmware where a temp ban would result in being booted. 

3. What happens if you downgrade back to a version before Ping Assist? 

No idea. The oldest version I've used is 1.03.4. Before reupgrading I've used 0ms to anywhere from 30-50ms but it doesn't seem to affect ping assist on DumaOS. 

• Administrators

I think Admin was referring to using a DumaOS version before Ping Assist.

Delete your console from the Geo-Filter and turn off the console fully. Reboot the router then set up the Geo-Filter again from scratch then turn on the console, does ping assist work better then?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think Admin was referring to using a DumaOS version before Ping Assist.

Delete your console from the Geo-Filter and turn off the console fully. Reboot the router then set up the Geo-Filter again from scratch then turn on the console, does ping assist work better then?

Oh, yeah I've used the first two firmware versions that didn't have it. I accidentally went back to the second one (prior to the ping assist release) a while back so apparently that didn't help.

I also factory reset yesterday before adding everything back. Again no joy. 

Can you put ping assist on 30 please, thats what it defaults to so I want to see if it works correctly on the default

Strange cause whenever I've upgraded or reset it starts out at 0ms, but yeah I'll give it a try tomorrow. 

Nope, no bueno. Factory reset again, used a small (400~ mile) radius around my home in the south of England which the Call of Duty profile defaults to, changed ping assist from 0 to 30ms, then hooked up my PS4 and added it to the geofilter. First game host is in Saudi on 80ms. A few other random dots appeared with the ping assist symbol including Poles and Romanians, and a guy in Central Russia. All >30ms.Screenshot_20190220-162925.thumb.png.b8d01f6625a98b1b139ed8e8630c0f0d.png_20190220_165111.JPG.2b1993aa6d31d8521d97d77e1c437fd0.JPG

• Administrators

Are you making changes on your phone every time? I'm wondering if your settings aren't applying properly. If you go on a PC and set it, does it work better. After you've set it refresh the page, is the setting the same or different?

Are you making changes on your phone every time? I'm wondering if your settings aren't applying properly. If you go on a PC and set it, does it work better. After you've set it refresh the page, is the setting the same or different?

I use the GUI with my phone, laptop, tablet or whatever I have handy at the time. Settings kick in straight away if I change QoS or filter rules, traffic prio or whatever else. Ping assist just allows whoever it likes, even if I reboot the router after setting it up. 

Refreshing the page (or rebooting the router) shows settings are being locked in.