Log Errors

Dookie77

• Administrators

Hi - these are all completely normal logs. The logs are just for developers really, and contain a lot of 'white noise' which you can safely ignore.

As for your disconnects, are they happening while searching for a game or during the game itself? How is your Geo-Filter setup? Easiest thing to do is take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and posting here and we will take a look. 

Thanks for the reply.

The disconnects are happening at anytime,mid-game,while navigating the menus and when loading the game. Sometimes I have to wait about 30 seconds for the game to respond when navigating the menus. I changed some settings in the geo-filter and everything was fine for a couple of hours. It feels like I've got 0.001 mb download some times as it also affects the console with everything taking longer than normal to load. I thought it could be a problem with my line but my ping, jitter, line attenuation and noise margins are all normal.

Also I am getting a lot more wi-fi dropouts since the update. I have to reboot the router through my pc which is hard wired as no other device can access the router dashboard to reboot. This cause me more problems than anything, because if I am not home no one else can sort it as they are all using wi-fi,and no one else has access to my pc.

{336FABFD-8283-455E-B32E-2C3326977395}.png.jpg

• Administrators

Your Geo-Filter looks fine, I can't see anything there that would cause disconnects. When it occurs though take a look at the Geo-Filter, do you notice anything being blocked? If so provide us with the ID's might be something we need to whitelist. What are your QoS settings? 

Have you used a WiFi analyser to find the least congested channel and change to that to see if it prevents the WiFi dropouts? What do you mean by no other devices can access the dashboard?

Sorry for the late response. I have been monitoring it the last week,not had any disconnects yet so will keep an eye on it.

I always use a wifi analyser so thats not the problem. When the wifi drops out,the only device that can access the dashboard is my pc which is hardwired,there is no wifi signal at all for any other device. I had a dropout yesterday which required a reboot, I have included the log for when it happened.

log-1551300406797.txt

Just had another wifi dropout,2 in under 24 hours,the dhcp lease is set to 72 hours so I dont think that is the problem.

And another, router log included.

log-1551377455745.txt

1 hour ago, Dookie77 said:

Just had another wifi dropout,2 in under 24 hours,the dhcp lease is set to 72 hours so I dont think that is the problem.

I have had the same things happen as well, happened twice last night too. It shouldn't be geofilter related either. But I get the issue where sometimes even my wired speedtests drop down really low for no real reason. Only thing i can attribute to a fix is turning CC off, which I did and it hasn't happened again. Im just as confused as you are, It does feel like in some instances your barely getting any download. Id be watching tv and the error would pop up, and as its trying to load again you can see the percentage slowwwwlyyy moving and then its like DEAD. At which point you have to do a reboot of the router because as you said wifi stops and you can only access via wired connection. Itll show you connected to wifi for a second but when you go look for it in your list of nearby access points itll disappear. Have you checked the length of the IP lease? maybe thats an issue? I havent looked at that yet. I just feel like the new Qos doesnt play well with the R1 even though when it works its fantastic. But it is a beta so.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Dookie77 said:

Sorry for the late response. I have been monitoring it the last week,not had any disconnects yet so will keep an eye on it.

I always use a wifi analyser so thats not the problem. When the wifi drops out,the only device that can access the dashboard is my pc which is hardwired,there is no wifi signal at all for any other device. I had a dropout yesterday which required a reboot, I have included the log for when it happened.

log-1551300406797.txt

log-1551377455745.txt

Okay so you haven't had it for a week and then it just suddenly happened. Was there anything you did today on the network that you haven't done for a week? If you disable the WiFi, apply then enable and apply using the wired device does the WiFi restore itself without needing to reboot?

Are you using VPN Hybrid at all? Even if not can you disable it (I believe it's default set to enabled) and see if it stops then. I don't see anything abnormal about the logs but I'll forward them to the team.

42 minutes ago, bbursley said:

I have had the same things happen as well, happened twice last night too. It shouldn't be geofilter related either. But I get the issue where sometimes even my wired speedtests drop down really low for no real reason. Only thing i can attribute to a fix is turning CC off, which I did and it hasn't happened again. Im just as confused as you are, It does feel like in some instances your barely getting any download. Id be watching tv and the error would pop up, and as its trying to load again you can see the percentage slowwwwlyyy moving and then its like DEAD. At which point you have to do a reboot of the router because as you said wifi stops and you can only access via wired connection. Itll show you connected to wifi for a second but when you go look for it in your list of nearby access points itll disappear. Have you checked the length of the IP lease? maybe thats an issue? I havent looked at that yet. I just feel like the new Qos doesnt play well with the R1 even though when it works its fantastic. But it is a beta so.

If you look under Traffic Prioritization do you see a lot of high priority packets for download and upload, download specifically? If so that could indicate there is high bandwidth applications being prioritized which could cause issues.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so you haven't had it for a week and then it just suddenly happened. Was there anything you did today on the network that you haven't done for a week? If you disable the WiFi, apply then enable and apply using the wired device does the WiFi restore itself without needing to reboot?

Are you using VPN Hybrid at all? Even if not can you disable it (I believe it's default set to enabled) and see if it stops then. I don't see anything abnormal about the logs but I'll forward them to the team.

If you look under Traffic Prioritization do you see a lot of high priority packets for download and upload, download specifically? If so that could indicate there is high bandwidth applications being prioritized which could cause issues.

VPN is enabled by default and I’ve turned that off. I mean, if it was my console I guess that would cause issues, but what ports would it download updates over? If it’s anything below the port priority then I wouldn’t think it would throttle my connection to nothing. Especially since I have share excess ticked and bandwidth is distributed equally. I’ll have to make a note of it or perhaps test your theory out manually and make a note of the results. But as far as I know my games were up to date (although they do update frequently so who knows).

8 hours ago, Dookie77 said:

log-1551300406797.txt

log-1551377455745.txt

A dhcp lease of 72 hours is actually prettt low, I don’t think I’ve ever had mine set like that on any router, especially below several weeks since no device needs to grab a new IP that often. I should check mine too since I never thought about that as being an issue.

• Administrators
10 hours ago, bbursley said:

VPN is enabled by default and I’ve turned that off. I mean, if it was my console I guess that would cause issues, but what ports would it download updates over? If it’s anything below the port priority then I wouldn’t think it would throttle my connection to nothing. Especially since I have share excess ticked and bandwidth is distributed equally. I’ll have to make a note of it or perhaps test your theory out manually and make a note of the results. But as far as I know my games were up to date (although they do update frequently so who knows).

I've just replied in your thread with a couple of suggestions 😊

So it looks like it is to do with the dhcp lease,a new device was added to my network yesterday(bloody kids!) and thats when the problem started. I have now assigned all devices a static IP and so far no problems. Only my console had a static IP before as that was my main priority. I've never used a vpn so I turn that off.

With regards to my disconnections,I have noticed my noise margin has dropped on my download so I will be getting in contact with my isp to see if they can do anything.

• Netduma Staff
On 3/2/2019 at 4:35 PM, Dookie77 said:

Also having problems with devices being assigned 2 ip addresses even after assigning a static ip.

I believe this can happen if the Device has connected over WiFi and Wired at separate times; that'll create two IP entries. What happens if you create a static IP on the computer itself, rather than through DHCP?

• Netduma Staff
55 minutes ago, Dookie77 said:

After several reboots it seems to have fixed it. My PC has always been hardwired and does not have WiFi, 2 IP addresses get assigned to WiFi only devices sometimes.

Interesting, thanks for letting us know how you fixed it. Aye I thought it'd be a long-shot for a wired PC but you never know. If you have any more problems just let us know :)