4 months after release and the issues still aren't fixed!

skschatzman

I'm not sure what is taking so damn long, but here we are 4 months after release and the same major issues still exist. I constantly have to jump through hoops just to get the best servers possible. No other COD release was ever this much of an issue.

Constantly kicked back to the loading screen with unable to join server errors.

Servers incorrectly located (Dallas servers reported as New Jersey)

Have to expand the geo-filter to encompass the entire world prior to launching BO4 every single time in order to get into a game. R1 and XR500 on latest firmware.

How many more excuses are we going to receive before you guys actually fix this? Will it be working before COD 2019 is released?

• Administrators

What are your normal Geo-Filter settings? Could you describe what happens on the Geo-Filter when you can't join a server? Are you playing normal multiplayer or blackout? We've been doing cloud updates and overhauling the system to make it more autonomous. Why do you have to put it on the entire world to get a game, that shouldn't be the case at all

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What are your normal Geo-Filter settings? Could you describe what happens on the Geo-Filter when you can't join a server? Are you playing normal multiplayer or blackout? We've been doing cloud updates and overhauling the system to make it more autonomous. Why do you have to put it on the entire world to get a game, that shouldn't be the case at all

We have already gone over this many times before. I don't feel like going over everything again for the nteenth time. It doesn't matter if it is blackout or multiplayer. It doesn't even matter what game mode I try to attempt to join either. It is all the same.

More than half of the Dallas servers are wrongly located in New Jersey. I have told you guys about this before.

I set my ping assist to 29 as any lower and it won't connect to the 22-26ms ping servers I desire. Any higher and I start getting into the 31-35ms ping servers that I don't want. I set my geo-filter to the smallest in the middle of the ocean. If I start the game before setting the geo-filter to encompass the entire globe, then the game will never connect to a server or eventually join a peer server. It is a constant jump through hoops just to be able to connect to a good server.

35 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't use ping assist at all and just use the radius with it set over your location 1000km and do so before the game, do you find it allows you to connect to servers better that way?

I have and it makes the issue worse. This issue existed before you guys even released PA for DumaOS. If I don't use PA, then I will be connected to horrible servers. Most of them are 40-90ms. I only want Dallas servers as any other servers are horrible. If I set the radius to 1000km, then I get Chicago, and multiple west coast servers. All horrible for me.

34 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Move the location around and force different servers to find ones that play the best for you and then leave it there

Again no. This only causes more issues as some of the servers showing over Dallas are incorrect and some of the servers that are supposed to be over Dallas are miss-located in New Jersey. There is not a single location on the map that has consistent servers that work for me. The only way I can get the servers I want is with PA set to 29 and make the geo-filter encompass the entire globe before launching the game, then after the game has booted and pinged the US servers, I can shrink it down to the lowest in the ocean. Then if I am lucky, I will connect to the servers I want.

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, xolhid said:

Again no. This only causes more issues as some of the servers showing over Dallas are incorrect and some of the servers that are supposed to be over Dallas are miss-located in New Jersey. There is not a single location on the map that has consistent servers that work for me. The only way I can get the servers I want is with PA set to 29 and make the geo-filter encompass the entire globe before launching the game, then after the game has booted and pinged the US servers, I can shrink it down to the lowest in the ocean. Then if I am lucky, I will connect to the servers I want.

Ping Assist should really have resolved this for you, I'm not sure why the game refuses to put you into those 26ms servers, and I'm also not sure why you'd need to expand the radius to cover the world before you're able to connect. (That isn't happening to anyone else in BO4).

After you stop a gaming session, just set the Geo-Filter to Spectating Mode. Then when you load up the game again and reach the Multiplayer menu, enable Filtering Mode. Check you have an open console NAT before you play. Hopefully through this year, mis-located servers will stop bugging us - the cloud is far more accurate these days and it's only getting better.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Ping Assist should really have resolved this for you, I'm not sure why the game refuses to put you into those 26ms servers, and I'm also not sure why you'd need to expand the radius to cover the world before you're able to connect. (That isn't happening to anyone else in BO4).

After you stop a gaming session, just set the Geo-Filter to Spectating Mode. Then when you load up the game again and reach the Multiplayer menu, enable Filtering Mode. Check you have an open console NAT before you play. Hopefully through this year, mis-located servers will stop bugging us - the cloud is far more accurate these days and it's only getting better.

The game will ping many servers in the USA when first launched. If I don't have the geo-filter to allow the server pings to go through, then the game won't connect to any server. Once the game has pinged all the servers, I can then lower the radius to small in the ocean and connect to servers normally.

My Nat has always been open. I will try the spectating/filtering mode, but I don't see that as a fix as it is just another hoop I have to jump through. I created this thread for that very reason. I just want the router to work without having to fiddle with it every single time I want to play.

• Administrators

If you have your ping assist at the value you have it normally set to and don't put your radius to the entire world are no servers allowed at all? It might be because you're pinging lots of servers at once that the ones that would usually be below your limit are slightly higher

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have your ping assist at the value you have it normally set to and don't put your radius to the entire world are no servers allowed at all? It might be because you're pinging lots of servers at once that the ones that would usually be below your limit are slightly higher

I tested ping assist thoroughly. If I set it below 29, then I don't get the 22-26ms Dallas servers I am aiming for. I don't get any server for that matter. If I set it to anything above 29, then I start getting those higher ping servers. Even still, the main issue is the game pings multiple servers when launched. I can see it on the geo-filter map every time I start the game. If I don't have the geo-filter large enough to let them get pinged, then BO4 will not connect me to any server. Eventually it may connect me to a peer server in random geo-locations. If the geo-filter is large enough to ping all of the servers, then somehow the game will have a better chance of me getting into a 22-26ms server I am targeting. I hope that helps. It seems as though the servers being pinged when the game is launched determine how the game handles connections. My best theory.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It can ping them all without the radius being wide. That is the theory we run with also. If you set it to 29ms does the servers you like get pinged at all?

if the radius isn't wide, then the pings are denied. Adding the pinged servers to the allow list doesn't work either as the game seems to ping random servers every time it loads. Every time I get connected to a good server, I add it to my allow list. My list never stops growing.

Is there a way you guys can code the router to allow all pings when the game launches? Then restrict game connections to the geo-filter/PA/allow list? Maybe auto disable the geo-filter when no gaming packets are detected, then auto enable it after the game launch pings have processed?

I know you guys already have a gaming packet detection method built into the software. If you guys can program this, maybe also realize when the user force closes the game or if it crashes for some reason and the user then relaunches the game, the geo-filter would need to be disabled during this time frame. I'm not sure if any of this is possible, but my best suggestion atm.

• Netduma Staff
10 hours ago, xolhid said:

if the radius isn't wide, then the pings are denied. Adding the pinged servers to the allow list doesn't work either as the game seems to ping random servers every time it loads. Every time I get connected to a good server, I add it to my allow list. My list never stops growing.

Is there a way you guys can code the router to allow all pings when the game launches? Then restrict game connections to the geo-filter/PA/allow list? Maybe auto disable the geo-filter when no gaming packets are detected, then auto enable it after the game launch pings have processed?

I know you guys already have a gaming packet detection method built into the software. If you guys can program this, maybe also realize when the user force closes the game or if it crashes for some reason and the user then relaunches the game, the geo-filter would need to be disabled during this time frame. I'm not sure if any of this is possible, but my best suggestion atm.

That's a pretty good idea, I'm sure one day we'll solve it. It'd be difficult to avoid false positives with that one though; imagine you went to join a game and the Geo-Filter 'accidentally' allowed every connection and stopped filtering. We'll figure it out someday :)