A new battle royal game just got released today called Apex Legends, it is a free to play game just wondering if there is any plans for geo-Filter ?

12 hours ago, Puinsai said:

A new battle royal game just got released today called Apex Legends, it is a free to play game just wondering if there is any plans for geo-Filter ?

We're gunna' have to check this out. It should be supported already - our cloud is far more comprehensive than it used to be. It's a constantly updating database now, so if the Apex Legends servers already existed previously (which is highly likely) then you should be able to use the Geo-Filter as usual :)

If you'd like to help, maybe send a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when you first load the game up. There should be a moment where all the game servers are pinged, so they all show up on the map. I could let you know if anything seems amiss!

My connections always seem to be under 20 ping, but server is showing in USA (Im in England), so presume they are mis-located.

Will see if I ever get a bad server but at moment, not having to use geo filter.

If you turn geofilter on it won't connect so definitely don't use geofilter and to be fair the game does seem to do a fairly good job of connecting you to your local server only had a couple of games so far that have been laggy

I checked GEO last night on my PS4, just to clarify.. It seems when you first load game and connect to their server, its based in USA (100 ping or so), this is not a game server, maybe just EA logon server or something.

From then on, when connecting to a new game, it always connects me to a server located in Europe with <20 ping.

I presume you could have GEO on, you may have to allow the USA (logon) server first though.

Hi guys - just letting you know that we're testing Apex thoroughly and we're coming up with some new strategies to make sure the Geo-Filter is doing the best job it can. The game runs a ping check to every server worldwide when you boot up the game, and I think it also runs authentication before you search. We're sussing it out so bear with us :)

FYI:

The following list is compiled from the Data Center list in Apex Legends. 

USA: Salt Lake City
USA: Oregon GCE 1
USA: Oregon GCE 2
USA: Oregon 1
USA: Oregon 2
USA: St Louis
USA: Dallas
USA: Iowa GCE 1
USA: Iowa GCE 2
USA: Iowa GCE 3
USA: New York
USA: South Carolina GCE 1
USA: South Carolina GCE 2
USA: Virginia 1
USA: Virginia 2
Brazil - Sao Paulo GCE 1
Brazil - Sao Paulo GCE 2
Brazil - Sao Paulo 1
Brazil - Sao Paulo 2
UK - London
Netherlands - Amsterdam
Belgium GCE 1
Belgium GCE 2
Belgium GCE 3
Germany - Frankfurt 1
Germany - Frankfurt 2
Hong Kong
Taiwan GCE 1
Taiwan GCE 2
Singapore 1
Singapore GCE 1
Singapore GCE 2
Japan - Tokyo
Japan - Tokyo GCE 1
Japan - Tokyo GCE 2
Japan - Tokyo GCE 3
Japan - Tokyo 1
Japan - Tokyo 2
Australia - Sydney
Australia - Sydney 1
Australia - Sydney 2
Australia - Sydney GCE 1
Australia - Sydney GCE 2

Thanks Pharm. Btw, how do you guys get to see the servers on PC? I don't have much options to choose from. Even when I choose Battlefield (cos EA servers), I still can't see any servers appear when I play Apex Legends.

Just because there are Singapore servers, I do not know why I get rubber banding at times. Feels like not a Singapore server. Hmm...

On 2/5/2019 at 1:36 AM, Netduma Jack said:

We're gunna' have to check this out. It should be supported already - our cloud is far more comprehensive than it used to be. It's a constantly updating database now, so if the Apex Legends servers already existed previously (which is highly likely) then you should be able to use the Geo-Filter as usual :)

If you'd like to help, maybe send a screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when you first load the game up. There should be a moment where all the game servers are pinged, so they all show up on the map. I could let you know if anything seems amiss!

The screenshot of what the Geo-Filter looks like when i first load the game up ;

2019-02-12_1616.png