OPEN NAT issues Xbox X

TEH BUTCHER

I'm having issues with getting an OPEN NAT per Black Ops4 on the XBOX X.

XBOX indicates my NAT as OPEN but the in game network options shows moderate. I am experiencing connectivity issues.

I have a FTTP connection from from Fiber hub is an Ethernet connection to my R1, my XBOX is connected to the R1, I also have a WIFI Mesh router setup to handle wifi for my house.

I've verified that the IP used in my port forwarding is the same as the fixed IP of my xbox.

I've reviewed the port forwarding multiple times to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Black OPS 4 network options says it tried to use UDP 3075 for an OPEN NAT.

Any thoughts?

Network Map.PNG

Port Forwarding.PNG

I have found that the upnp on the OG R1 is not as robust for lack of a better word so the only way to get an open NAT when it comes to COD is to port forward  3074, 3075 and 3076. Honestly you can get rid of those other portforwarding rules if you like.  But I don’t have these same issues if I upnp on the Netgear xr450,500,700. I don’t have to portforward. Open NAT on those all the way. 

2 hours ago, TEH BUTCHER said:

I haven't been able to get an open NAT with UPNP

And you won’t. You’ll be able to get an open nat on the console but not in game. I can’t explain it only the devs can. I’m just giving you what I know from experience/ trial and error. 

Hi Teh

Please try this again and delete the port rules

Use upnp

On 2/3/2019 at 11:28 PM, progprogprog said:

Turn off your console

deleting your device from Geo Filter page

Restart the R1 and wait for it to boot up fully

Don't add your device to the geofilter

Boot up BO4

Butcher...I have the same issue with my Xbox X and haven't figured it out yet.  I gave up trying actually as I felt like I tried almost everything.  If you figure this out I'll be curious to try so let me know.  One thing I did notice is that every time I reboot my router and modem...the first time on after that everything is Open Nat finally...but then the next time I turn on my console and from then on it'll be back to Moderate in game.  So I'm curious if you figure it out. 

Yeah Fazor that's exactly my experience.

Tonight I'll try removing the console profile from the geofilter page all together and see if it makes a difference per progprogprogs post.

I haven't had a need to use geofilter period for this game as I'm usually connected to the Chicago dedi which gives me an insanely good connection due to my proximity i'll ping 9ms at times which is basically as low as you can get over the internet.

• Netduma Staff

Progs case is the most common solution - the Geo-Filter being enabled while the console is booting up is usually the cause. If you see anything getting blocked on the map while it's booting, that's your culprit. Definitely try ruling out the Geo-Filter.

There's a shed-load of development happening at the moment, I'm sure we'll be able to work on UPnP again soon to make your lives a bit easier!

• Netduma Staff
16 hours ago, progprogprog said:

Just to let you guys know

I have been using the Geo Filter all day today and have not once had moderate nat in game

Cloud update?

Is it affecting game search times in your case? Or is limited to issues joining a party?

If you disable Strict Mode before booting up the console / game, does that give you an open NAT? What about setting Ping Assist to 60ms?