Can’t find game??

CrossFitKila717

Hey all,

wondering if anyone’s had this issue.....playing WW2 & I can find Team Deathmatch lobbies/games instantly but when I switch over to Domination, no games/lobbies to be found? This just recently started happening within the last few days. When I was finding games in Dom mode, it was the same server that I was connecting to playing TDM, so what’s the dealio? I even expanded my Geo-Filter from 700miles to 1,400miles & turned Strict Mode off. I did notice a couple times that it would “try” to connect because like one or two others would pop in the lobby but not enough to start game. Any ideas? Cloud flush or router reboot maybe?

Thanks!

• Administrators

I would say if you're finding games in TDM no problem with the Geo-Filter enabled then it's likely a game issue, potentially a population issue. If you switch to spectating mode do you get a game and if so where is it and whats the ping to it? Interested to see if you get one if it places you in a much further away server

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would say if you're finding games in TDM no problem with the Geo-Filter enabled then it's likely a game issue, potentially a population issue. If you switch to spectating mode do you get a game and if so where is it and whats the ping to it? Interested to see if you get one if it places you in a much further away server

I’ll have to try spectating mode. Weird how it just started especially since both modes have ran on the same two dedi servers....both about 12-14ms ping. Is there a difference between the two modes as far as connecting to games (TDM & DOM)? Just seems odd to get one and not the other. 

For the past couple of days I've been having issues getting into a good lobby in both BO4 and WW2. Before, I was able to connect to my local dedicated server every single time. Now I'm connecting to servers below my strict mode 50ms ping, yes, but I'm connecting all over there country.

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I’ll have to try spectating mode. Weird how it just started especially since both modes have ran on the same two dedi servers....both about 12-14ms ping. Is there a difference between the two modes as far as connecting to games (TDM & DOM)? Just seems odd to get one and not the other. 

No theres no difference thats why it's quite odd. Let us know what you find with spectating mode, it does sound like a game issue.

4 minutes ago, Attackerman said:

For the past couple of days I've been having issues getting into a good lobby in both BO4 and WW2. Before, I was able to connect to my local dedicated server every single time. Now I'm connecting to servers below my strict mode 50ms ping, yes, but I'm connecting all over there country.

Could you provide a Geo-Filter screenshot showing what you mean please?

The first image shows my settings that I have been playing with for the last month on BO4.

The second image shows the dedicated server that these settings will get me. I will get this server all the time for every game mode. Life was good.

The third image is an example of the servers I have been getting these past couple of days. Its in a different part of the country, it's peer hosted and as a result, the gameplay is not as crisp.

IMG_20190131_190919.jpg

IMG_20190131_192637.jpg

IMG_20190131_212545.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Stuff like this is quite common. The servers are always fluctuating, always being configured by the devs. Maybe they took 'em down for maintenance, who knows? In your screenshot the host is still on the East coast (since it's the largest icon) which I guess isn't too bad. Could be worth using Deny to block some of these hosts until the dedicated servers are back.

19 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Stuff like this is quite common. The servers are always fluctuating, always being configured by the devs. Maybe they took 'em down for maintenance, who knows? In your screenshot the host is still on the East coast (since it's the largest icon) which I guess isn't too bad. Could be worth using Deny to block some of these hosts until the dedicated servers are back.

Sound advice, keep up the good work ya'll. My team in BO4 loves me , my Ekia is high, the win streaks we go on are long and is all thanks to the router 💪

On 2/1/2019 at 6:24 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Netduma Jack, How many servers are in a server bank?

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, Attackerman said:

Netduma Jack, How many servers are in a server bank?

Great question :D the honest answer is, it varies so much I couldn't say. It's only limited by the size of the building they're using. The devs will rent out server space in a 'server farm', almost like renting office space. The amount of servers they choose to rent will depend on the demand or need, there could be 10, there could be 100 :)

11 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Great question :D the honest answer is, it varies so much I couldn't say. It's only limited by the size of the building they're using. The devs will rent out server space in a 'server farm', almost like renting office space. The amount of servers they choose to rent will depend on the demand or need, there could be 10, there could be 100 :)

That is very Interesting, thank you