new router

scbba

• Administrators

I doubt you will find a router that has better QoS than DumaOS. What is the issue you're having that is prompting you to find a new router? Have you fine tuned your QoS according to this guide?: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-test-your-connection

I just got my tc 7610 I believe is the model set up I have 300down and 20 up My ping is anywhere from 14 to 20 but the games no matter what I am second behind shoot first die first on cod titanfall or destiny even bf1 is horde. the first pic is 70 70 no wifi and the second in 100/100 no wifi and the 3rd is 70/70 with wifi and the 4th is 70/70 streaming on the fire stick. I am running duma os on the r1 I have the anti buffer to high traffic as well all consoles and pcs are wired only thin wireless is my phones and the firestick.

NO WIFI 70-70.png

NO WIFI 100-100.png

WIFI-70-70.png

WIFI on and streaming on fire stick.png

4 hours ago, scbba said:

I just got my tc 7610 I believe is the model set up I have 300down and 20 up My ping is anywhere from 14 to 20 but the games no matter what I am second behind shoot first die first on cod titanfall or destiny even bf1 is horde. the first pic is 70 70 no wifi and the second in 100/100 no wifi and the 3rd is 70/70 with wifi and the 4th is 70/70 streaming on the fire stick. I am running duma os on the r1 I have the anti buffer to high traffic as well all consoles and pcs are wired only thin wireless is my phones and the firestick.

NO WIFI 70-70.png

NO WIFI 100-100.png

WIFI-70-70.png

WIFI on and streaming on fire stick.png

This is what I did. I have the same modem as you. Just the other day I ran tests for like an hour on ping plotter. I would go about 3-5 mins a time just adjusting the sliders in QOS until I got the most stable ping as possible. I came up with 43 down and 70 up. Start by going down 10 per. When you see the least amount of spikes like you have above. Then do very minor adjustments like small increments 1 to 2 or so. Also when I play b04 I have manually port forwarded every single ports to the game and turned off upnp and turned off ipv6 on both wan and lan. I get decent gameplay most of the time. There are nights though where I feel a second behind. Thats probably the servers just acting up. Then that means its time to get off the game! Hope that helps a little bit!

3 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

Also try to find a website to ping close to your house. I used my local news channel.

this server here is only 20 mins from my house this also on 100%. spectrum is coming out tomorrow to run all new lines in my house so we will see if this improves 

Screenshot (253).png

3 hours ago, purpleandgold33 said:

This is what I did. I have the same modem as you. Just the other day I ran tests for like an hour on ping plotter. I would go about 3-5 mins a time just adjusting the sliders in QOS until I got the most stable ping as possible. I came up with 43 down and 70 up. Start by going down 10 per. When you see the least amount of spikes like you have above. Then do very minor adjustments like small increments 1 to 2 or so. Also when I play b04 I have manually port forwarded every single ports to the game and turned off upnp and turned off ipv6 on both wan and lan. I get decent gameplay most of the time. There are nights though where I feel a second behind. Thats probably the servers just acting up. Then that means its time to get off the game! Hope that helps a little bit!

thanks Ill try this and report back. as far as bo4 goes that game is just a nightmare for me I get destroyed 

7 hours ago, scbba said:

this server here is only 20 mins from my house this also on 100%. spectrum is coming out tomorrow to run all new lines in my house so we will see if this improves 

Screenshot (253).png

Yeah I have spectrum as well. Currently on 200 down 10 up. I'm upgrading tomorrow as well to 400 down 20 up. You have to go up to the next tier to get more upload speed. It's only $25 extra a month so I figured I'll give it a shot. They are running new equipment to the house. So hopefully they don't f up my line now. 

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, scbba said:

thanks Ill try this and report back. as far as bo4 goes that game is just a nightmare for me I get destroyed 

New lines to your house sounds like a step in the right direction. I hope it helps :D

After.new lines it still doesn't help but they gave me E31T2V1 modem does any one here know about them ? And if they have the chipset 6 in them ?  I was able to change my Duma os to 600 down and 20 up to get over 200 mbps it seems to be working better than it did so ill.guess I'l have to live with it til we get something else. The tech did tell me our area is about 5 years behind the surrounding areas as far as new cabling and equipment 

• 3 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, scbba said:

After.new lines it still doesn't help but they gave me E31T2V1 modem does any one here know about them ? And if they have the chipset 6 in them ?  I was able to change my Duma os to 600 down and 20 up to get over 200 mbps it seems to be working better than it did so ill.guess I'l have to live with it til we get something else. The tech did tell me our area is about 5 years behind the surrounding areas as far as new cabling and equipment 

I have the spectrum 100mb/s download and 10 upload. Its not speed that matters as has always been said many times on these forums. QOS matter, line quality matters etc. If they redid the lines then theres obviously something wrong, that or they are just being overly generous and trying to please you as a customer. Some places are willing to go the extra mile and others wont. I see similar graphs to what you are showing and yet I still get decent games, not perfect though. My pings do not look as bad as that though. Whats the max speeds they offer you? I know I can get the gigabit over coax, but that seems wasteful, as it is my line is provisioned for extra and it never goes under that with QOS off. Also pinging locally may be much worse than pinging something somewhere else, since the route can be really crap, usually its not great unless its fiber. I will say though even my local ping is pretty damn good, depending on where I decide to ping to. Sometimes its actually worth having DSL over cable, if the lines are crap or you are getting over saturated on your cable loop then you're in trouble. 

The modem I have from them is like a Ubee one and it has ports for an ethernet cable to go to the modem and  a phone line port for a basic phone service. Its basically just modulating different signals (thought I dont use home phone, come on its 2019 lol). Never play wired though, also do you have any coax ports uncapped? sometimes signal leaks occur and cause noise im pretty sure since now that the signal is degraded noise can overtake it. Im sure it doesn't have to be to much to start affecting the quality of the signal. I don't think spectrum uses the modems with that chipset...unless this varies by area, but what they should have as a standard now is like the one I described.

• 2 weeks later...

I have 300 down and 20 up but I have seen as high as 2gb and as low as 100kbps and the only line  we have coming in the home is the modem because we don't have tv only streaming we have about 20 devices connected so I'm not sure if that's too much for the R1 or not