Australian Server Lag Compensation

Thorny

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or solutions to beat lag comp? I live in Australia and there is only one server located in Sydney and every other server is to far, i get 16ms to the server and have a wired connection but people from all over Australia and New Zealand connect to it, so every game usually has high ping players that skip across the screen and melt me while i get bad hit registration. I've used ping plotter and my jitter and bufferbloat is fine, I've tried using WIFI, I've tried using a vpn to add ping but they don't work. I read somewhere about a router that can add artificial ping/delay to your router/game, which would be a great idea for the Netduma router since so many Netduma users suffer from lag comp. Thanks

Well first off, these people that skip across your screen I have also encountered here in NZ on 23 ping, I was once part of the problem when I was put on 4g for a few weeks and found myself winning gunfights I knew I should have lost but i also had terrible hit reg/delay, the problem isn't you or your internet in this case, but the game's lag compensation and players not being placed into the correct regional servers. But usually, I only encounter it 1 out of every 10-15 matches. Throttling your internet won't help you as much as it would hinder you. I sometimes try and avoid this problem (And the annoying players in OCE) by surfing California servers if the ping (130-150) isn't too big a deal 

• Netduma Staff
8 hours ago, Thorny said:

Hi, i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or solutions to beat lag comp? I live in Australia and there is only one server located in Sydney and every other server is to far, i get 16ms to the server and have a wired connection but people from all over Australia and New Zealand connect to it, so every game usually has high ping players that skip across the screen and melt me while i get bad hit registration. I've used ping plotter and my jitter and bufferbloat is fine, I've tried using WIFI, I've tried using a vpn to add ping but they don't work. I read somewhere about a router that can add artificial ping/delay to your router/game, which would be a great idea for the Netduma router since so many Netduma users suffer from lag comp. Thanks

Hi Thorny - the advice above is great. We've got loads of Aussie folks in the DumaArmy, it's a widespread problem. The issue is that the game developers can't be bothered to build a better server infrastructure for Australia since the player base is small. The result is a massive server region, incorporating NZ, Indonesia, even as far as Japan. That's the same for all online games you're likely to play - Fortnite is the same for example.

No real way to control lag comp on your end; having a higher ping to the game can sometimes mitigate it, but for the most part you just have to bite the bullet and hope more servers are built!