Revert to previous firmware

Melee

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Melee said:

Can someone please shoot me a link to revert back to 1.0.3 or what ever it was instead of this DumaOS thing? Thank you

If you wish to downgrade, please follow the instructions found here: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000085792-downgrading-back-to-the-original-r1-firmware-from-dumaos

How come you want to downgrade our of curiosity? :)

thank you for the link!

Because about 70% of the time when I launch DUMA OS, I can't see other players on the GEO filter. No matter what I do I can't make it work. I never had that problem with the previous software

• Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, Melee said:

thank you for the link!

Because about 70% of the time when I launch DUMA OS, I can't see other players on the GEO filter. No matter what I do I can't make it work. I never had that problem with the previous software

Hmm, that doesn't sound right! I don't think that's a DumaOS problem per-se. Did you try flushing the cloud? Have you tried checking the IP address of the device you added to the Geo-Filter against the IP shown by the device network settings? That'll clarify that you've absolutely added the right device.

There could be several reasons for it, especially if you're playing on PC. I could help ya' to solve it if you want so you can enjoy DumaOS?

On 1/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hmm, that doesn't sound right! I don't think that's a DumaOS problem per-se. Did you try flushing the cloud? Have you tried checking the IP address of the device you added to the Geo-Filter against the IP shown by the device network settings? That'll clarify that you've absolutely added the right device.

There could be several reasons for it, especially if you're playing on PC. I could help ya' to solve it if you want so you can enjoy DumaOS?

the IP is correct. When I click "flush cloud" I'm presented with the following after about 5 seconds ..."the operation is taking longer than expected. please briefly wait before using thie R-app."

• Netduma Staff
5 hours ago, Melee said:

the IP is correct. When I click "flush cloud" I'm presented with the following after about 5 seconds ..."the operation is taking longer than expected. please briefly wait before using thie R-app."

Hmm, weird. I reckon you should downgrade, factory reset the router, then upgrade again and give it a go. It's possible something went wrong when you upgraded the first time. (Settings can carry over from the old software and cause issues etc). Definitely worth trying!

• 1 month later...

I was downgrading my R! and it crashed after about 30 minutes of downgrading.  Now it will not respond and the web address gives me a 404 not found error.  I have power cycled twice and still no luck.  Any ideas

I was downgrading because of problems with BO4 and my cloud flush also gave me the same message as above.

Thanks for your time and help.

Problem solved I was able to access the R! through my phone and factory reset

Edited by MoeFishmaN
Fixed

On 1/30/2019 at 3:11 PM, Melee said:

thank you for the link!

Same....currently attempting to use geofilter and its not working...Ping assist is a joke on the new firmware, old firmware it was solid. Idk why, I feel like I never had an issue in the old one.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:26 AM, Netduma Jack said:

Hmm, weird. I reckon you should downgrade, factory reset the router, then upgrade again and give it a go. It's possible something went wrong when you upgraded the first time. (Settings can carry over from the old software and cause issues etc). Definitely worth trying!

Those issues are constant with the R1 upgrade, ive tried all the mentioned things and none of them ever resolve the issues :(

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, MoeFishmaN said:

Problem solved I was able to access the R! through my phone and factory reset

Glad to hear you were able to solve it! Welcome to the forum :)

11 hours ago, bbursley said:

Same....currently attempting to use geofilter and its not working...Ping assist is a joke on the new firmware, old firmware it was solid. Idk why, I feel like I never had an issue in the old one.

Hmm. Are you playing on a PS4? PS4 traffic is encrypted in a way that means players don't appear on the Geo-Filter map, only servers do. Are you saying nothing at all appears on the map, or are you saying it's just the server but no players?

3 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Glad to hear you were able to solve it! Welcome to the forum :)

Hmm. Are you playing on a PS4? PS4 traffic is encrypted in a way that means players don't appear on the Geo-Filter map, only servers do. Are you saying nothing at all appears on the map, or are you saying it's just the server but no players?

Ah, sorry no. I just meant it still connects me to crappy lobby’s and strict mode just makes it take longer or connect to player hosts 😒

• Administrators
4 hours ago, bbursley said:

Ah, sorry no. I just meant it still connects me to crappy lobby’s and strict mode just makes it take longer or connect to player hosts 😒

Is this now on the original firmware or DumaOS still?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is this now on the original firmware or DumaOS still?

still DumaOS. Idk why but it never ever connects me to the servers I want and know are there. If I set it as strict around that dedicated server it just gives me player hosts instead. If I leave me real location circled and set P/A to like 25 or 30 It still gives me the Texas servers. Dont get me wrong, I still do alright since QOS seems to help I think, but having that extra delay to texas rather than to the Carolina's really screws me too. A 25ms ping vs 85 😕. I dont really want to revert back to the old firmware seems how I dont feel as confident in the old firmwares QOS. As far as bo4 goes I honestly dont know if theres ever any help for that game, I cant ever seem to have fun on it.

• Administrators

Are you sure they're player hosts and not misclassified servers? Could you provide a small video of the Geo-Filter, setting up from scratch so no device selected, no particular settings with the console already off for a least 2 minutes and show the options you have available? Then we can kind of get a better idea of what could be happening

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you sure they're player hosts and not misclassified servers? Could you provide a small video of the Geo-Filter, setting up from scratch so no device selected, no particular settings with the console already off for a least 2 minutes and show the options you have available? Then we can kind of get a better idea of what could be happening

I mean by this point there really should be no discrepancy on bo3 as far as what is what considering its a few years old now. 

• Administrators

So it's happening on BO3 also? They likely reuse servers so if we haven't classified correctly from the last game it would likely carry over as well. We're making a lot of improvements to the cloud so I expect it to get more and more accurate. Would you be able to do that video?