Lan cable not connected

Doughboy

• Netduma Staff
13 hours ago, Doughboy said:

Today I’ve been trying to play black ops 4 and it keeps kicking me saying lan cable not connected. Any reason why? 

I'm assuming this issue doesn't happen over WiFi? Have you tried a different Ethernet cable? Does the problem persist after resetting the PS4?

It's a strange issue affecting PS4 Pro's. You could try setting your MTU on the PS4. To do that, follow this short guide here and manually enter the MTU numbers you come up with: https://kb.netgear.com/19863/Ping-Test-to-determine-Optimal-MTU-Size-on-Router

I did that the optimum setting is 1500. Without fragmentation. I don’t know what to do anymore to be honest. It’s still doing it I can just sit at the dashboard and it’ll do it. Why I dont know. 

• Netduma Staff
7 hours ago, Doughboy said:

I did that the optimum setting is 1500. Without fragmentation. I don’t know what to do anymore to be honest. It’s still doing it I can just sit at the dashboard and it’ll do it. Why I dont know. 

Aye I understand - I reckon the conclusion is that MTU isn't going to solve it. Check out the LAN port on your PS4 and see if the pins are out of alignment / if anything looks off. Do the same with your Ethernet cable. That's one of the most common causes (according to the temple of Google). Also check out this thread: https://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PS4/LAN-Cable-Not-Connected/m-p/25617826

Looks like a very, very common issue with PS4 Pro's, definitely on the Sony side. Maybe replacing your Modem could solve it as an alternative. I'll have a look into if there's any router settings that could potentially solve it, but many of the controls on routers won't contain the solution. (e.g Port Forwarding, UPnP, DNS, MTU, QoS etc). 

I get this on my ps 4 pro occasionally when using cat6 cables. Fingers crossed, has always been fixed by removing and reinserting Lan cable. 

Kudos to Netduma Jack for taking time to research a non-Netduma issue. Destination "go the extra mile" now arrived.

My modem is a netgear modem it doesn’t have anything but a power cord and a eithernet out. I’ll check the PS4 I’m thinking of getting a new router if this doesn’t work. 

I just changed the cables on both consoles. Still got it. I checked the pins on the PS4 nothing was outta place. I used cat 5 instead of the cat 7 cables I normally use. Same result. It flashed on the screen for a second then went away. But it only happened once. 

My concern is that this didn’t happen before I updated my router for the ping assist. 

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Doughboy said:

Netgear is gonna call me and try to isolate the update from the router I guess to test just that. I don’t know if it’ll work I’ll keep u posted 

Interesting, I'm glad they're taking action. Keep us updated about it :D

Well netgear tried to help me but at the time my router wouldn’t get anny connection so when I did I went on the webpage for the updated firmware and downloaded it from there. Before I did it through the router. It seemed to work so far no issues. Oh and I also put the PS4 in safe mode, and updated the system software from the internet in safe mode. That seemed to fix it for the time being.