Increase ping

WelshReaper

I was wondering if anyone had a solution on how to make you ping higher as a trial. I play alot of bo4 and have a very good connection but am getting beaten by people with terrible Internet and bit even good players I might add lol  ,so I wanna try increasing my lag to see if it has any effect with game performance people might say lower ping is better but I've hooked up my phone to the ps4 and found a better gaming experience overall which to me makes no sense and tbh it's unrealistic to play through phone data and with even with  sim losing his temper and deleting the game show you even people with knowledge and good Internet can find this game irritating. 

In all honest your much better of using the geo to force another server as I have tried netem and to be honest with you theres no advantage to using it.

Also blackops 4 is a very broken game in terms of inconsistency  as I had a gunship last week then this week nothing(my jitter is minimal)

As prog say's it's best to use geo filter to force a server. I live in the UK and have started to force connect to french and spanish servers instead of local UK servers and I have had some amazing results. Just remember if you use geo filter and change locations it needs to be altered while you console is off.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, WelshReaper said:

Maybe that's why I have struggled to find different servers. Me personally soon as I put the geofilter  to a different locations wasn't finding any games but never tried it whilst the ps4 is off thanks for that mate 👍 will try it tonight 

Welcome to the forum :) Give it a go and see how it works out for you. BO4 lag comp sometimes favours mid-range pings like 30ms or 40ms. That way your ping is close to the low-ping players and close to the high-ping players, so the difference is minimised. If there's like a 60ms ping difference between you and another player, BO4 freaks out a bit / hit detection goes out the window.

Thanks of the response and  great products(xr500 and r1) love it. but One of the big issues I am having is that I am  part of a team playing in  European ametuer competitive competition trying to build the euro competitive sides up and whilst scrimming it can get crazy hence why I wanted to see if a increase in ping had any impact on how the game performs.would you  Have u any advice on something that might help in this case. Just feels like I'm shooting at people with level 3 armour on and dying like Bo2. Tbh in pubs u can get round a bit of rubbish or lagging lobbies but when u trying to win scrims with high level players 3kd plus 400 points per minute  players u don't want any handicaps if u can.and I know its servers  faults rather than anybody else but any help would go along way thanks. 

• Administrators

If you're doing matchmaking then the suggestion of forcing servers further away would work. Custom games you can't do that. You could attempt to download while playing and disable QoS, that would raise your ping but I wouldn't advise it as it's uncontrollable then

• Netduma Staff
1 hour ago, WelshReaper said:

It's still worth a go. Would you have any idea by connecting the ps4 through your hybrid Vpn cause ping to go higher with some testing could maybe I could get it slightly higher maybe connection to a Spanish or French server? 

It's not really worth it mate - you'd be paying for a VPN subscription for no real benefit. You can force matchmaking to put you in foreign lobbies by setting your Geo-Filter radius over those countries and enabling Strict Mode with Ping Assist at 0ms. That'll do the same sort of job, so give that a try.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

It's not really worth it mate - you'd be paying for a VPN subscription for no real benefit. You can force matchmaking to put you in foreign lobbies by setting your Geo-Filter radius over those countries and enabling Strict Mode with Ping Assist at 0ms. That'll do the same sort of job, so give that a try.

By putting home location to distant countries  e.g UK player  setting home location to  Australia with  0 ping assist,  Strict mode  ,   WILL NEVER FIND A GAME. it will give this error " The lobby is not  join able "

If you really want to try high ping,  sign up for a vpn trial  to test things.

E.g

I have Torguard Vpn.  I connect to Australian server via vpn configured in netduma  vpn....   also set home location to  Australia.   Already ping is high   due to  Vpn connection between Uk & Australia.    

If you do not use vpn,  99.9%  u will get  error   The lobby is not joinable.  Try  yourself 

57 minutes ago, WelshReaper said:

Thank u mate much appreciated. Things u gotta do just to play a fair game lol 

Fair game ? Ur gonna be a laggy fuc....r   , killing everyone & taking no damage  at all. Kids r going to scream hacku hacku

** Vpn speeds are extremely slower,  if u got 350 download, u will hardly get  10mb download  with vpn.  So yes, do homework first  before u come complaining  :D ( quoting Torguard  vpn  ..... u may get better speeds with different  vpn :  i.e  "homework" )  

* I absolutely like Vpn feature of Netduma r1, no need to buy  another router for VPN.  Great router

Tbh I only wanna get my ping from 20ms to 60 maybe 70 nothing crazy. Tbh I iant worried bout bandwidth it ain't really needed it's all about the ping bo3 think I was on like 93kb and game worked like a dream lol but I want the higher ping for the cwl league. yh the router is amazing fairplay 

1 hour ago, WelshReaper said:

Tbh I only wanna get my ping from 20ms to 60 maybe 70 nothing crazy. Tbh I iant worried bout bandwidth it ain't really needed it's all about the ping bo3 think I was on like 93kb and game worked like a dream lol but I want the higher ping for the cwl league. yh the router is amazing fairplay 

I do not recommend Torguard.  Its extremely slow speed.  I am going to cancel my subscription n find another

23 hours ago, WelshReaper said:

Thats response I got from  Torguard  when I questioned about  best config  for vpn speed over  netduma R1 router.... 

Screenshot_20190131-150049_Outlook.jpg

6 hours ago, WelshReaper said:

You from the UK? If so what server u connecting to, I'll try a comparison on my r1 and xr500 see if there is any difference 

Yes, UK. I set home location to  Czech republic with 600km radius ,  strict mode ,  ping assist 0.   Usually I get into noob lobbies :)     why ?  People in Czech & neighbouring poor eu countries aren't  getting so many benefits as in UK, Germany & France to sit home & game all day  & get good.....       ! If I use Vpn , I disable geo filter completely .   

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Torguard support is right, 10mbps will probably be the max speed through VPN that you get on the router but as you just want it for gaming thats plenty so just apply to the console

Thanks Fraser, 

yes 10 mbps is more than enough. Tried few games  while connected to  Miami,  Florida , USA    , ping was 110-140ms   with 0% packet loss.  Totally different gaming community there & totally different experience.  

*** keeping Torguard. 

There is 50% life time discount code,  $30/year  

6 hours ago, K-SLaY said:

Can anyone provide a tutorial on how to use geofilter to force servers? 

1. Set your location to where you want to force the server.

2. Make sure strict mode is enabled.

3. Set ping assist to 0.

4. Make sure fast search is disabled.

5 Enable filtering mode.

6. Search for a game (sometimes it can take longer to find a game when forcing a server so be patient)

Make sure you do all these steps before you boot up the game. If you make any adjustments to the geofilter after this then you need to reboot the game.