Still a Little Confused??

CrossFitKila717

The original R1 firmware CC sliders......what exactly is happening when I go from 100 to let’s say 70 as recommended? Is it limiting any and all other devices to 70% of my bandwidth so I have 30? If so, how does it do this? Just like to know how things work.....

Thanks in advance!

• Netduma Staff

The best place to read about what it does / the problem it's solving is here: https://netduma.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-bufferbloat/

I wrote that blog to try and describe it in the simplest way, but it's ultimately very complicated on the back-end. Let me know if that blog is of any help :D

On 1/25/2019 at 5:27 AM, Netduma Jack said:

The best place to read about what it does / the problem it's solving is here: https://netduma.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-bufferbloat/

I wrote that blog to try and describe it in the simplest way, but it's ultimately very complicated on the back-end. Let me know if that blog is of any help :D

I read it but still have questions........ I know that if I move sliders down to let’s say 70, it gives everything on my line up to 70% of my bandwidth, reserving 30% for gameplay, right? Also, that drops my actual bandwith/speeds down proportionately. I guess I’m not understanding the correlation between the lowering speeds and at the same time, allotting a percentage only (in this case 70%) to other devices? Hope this makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

I read it but still have questions........ I know that if I move sliders down to let’s say 70, it gives everything on my line up to 70% of my bandwidth, reserving 30% for gameplay, right? Also, that drops my actual bandwith/speeds down proportionately. I guess I’m not understanding the correlation between the lowering speeds and at the same time, allotting a percentage only (in this case 70%) to other devices? Hope this makes sense. 

qgMlw7Y.jpg

• Administrators

That's a pretty cool infographic! Thanks for sharing ModBox.

@CrossFitKila717 - to sum it up quickly, Anti-Bufferbloat prevents greedy devices from using your entire bandwidth. This means you never get queuing. The diagram above shows this well.

If you click the '?' icon on Anti-Bufferbloat within DumaOS you can read more too.